Get your Warm Home Discount queries answered here!

• 22 February 2017
  • 72 replies

Show first post

72 replies

Hi I applied for the warm energy discount and received an email 16/12/16 saying I would receive it no later than 31/5/17 which is tomorrow I top up using the app only, how and when will this go on to my account ?
Userlevel 6
Hi I applied for the warm energy discount and received an email 16/12/16 saying I would receive it no later than 31/5/17 which is tomorrow I top up using the app only, how and when will this go on to my account ?

Hi @Nicola l w welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you've not received it yet, if you'd like a member of the ovo team wo double check your account for you please drop @Emma_OVO a private message with your full name, address, ovo acc number & date of birth and she will be more than happy to do this for you 🙂
Userlevel 7

@Nicola l w did you send Emma that PM? If not, send me your details via a PM instead and I can take a look for you.

Thanks,
Tim

@Nicola l w did you send Emma that PM? If not, send me your details via a PM instead and I can take a look for you.

Thanks,
Tim

Thanks for the mention @Mattj3135

@Nicola l w sent me a message and it's all been sorted, @Tim_OVO

Thanks,
Emma

Thanks,
Tim
yes all sorted thank you 😀
I am still waiting for my warm home discount. I had email back in December last year to say I was successful and that I would receive by 31st may. And now June still nothing.
Userlevel 6
I am still waiting for my warm home discount. I had email back in December last year to say I was successful and that I would receive by 31st may. And now June still nothing.

Hi @Kmc1979 welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to learn you've not had the warm home discount yet. As you say it should have been credited to your meter by now so the best option would be to send @Emma_OVO a private message with your full name, address, OVO account number & date of birth - Emma will then be able to look into your account and let you know where the WHD payment is.

Hope this helps

Thanks for posting on the forum, @Kmc1979

I've moved your query here so it's with other Warm Home Discount (WHD) queries.

As @Mattj3135 mentioned, if you send me a PM with your full name, DoB and account number, I'll chase up your payment for you.

Hope this helps,
Emma
Hello.

I know this topic hasn't been replied to in 3 months but I hope you are still able to help with my query.

I am currently with EDF Energy and after a price comparison have put in a switch to OVO, as my contract at EDF is ending soon.

When I did the comparison I asked only for suppliers that offer the warm home discount to be listed. I am however a little unclear as to whether I would actually be able to apply for the 2017/2018 scheme as a new customer switching at this time? I recall I did with EDF last year after switching, but I know different companies have different terms and I can't find a definite answer on your website.

I would be in the broader group as someone that is in receipt of income based employment and support allowance with a disability premium.

I rely very much on the discount and so if this won't be offered to me as a new customer I will cancel the switch and stay with EDF. This would end up being more cost effective with that £140 credit.

I hope you can confirm this for me either way. Thank you.
Userlevel 5
Hey @asortafairytale- we’re still here. :)

The good news is that you can apply! The applications aren’t open just yet but you can pre-register your interest in applying for the Warm Home Discount here: https://docs.google.com/a/ovoenergy.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdlQQAeHNKMe_5BtqzINRoBHkab_au3Va0wSLy4ePBKed_yPg/viewform.

Please note that the applications work on a first come, first serve basis so for the Broader group, we can’t guarantee that you’ll receive the discount.

Lucy
So when are the applications going to be open for the WHD 2017/18?

Surely you are able to tell us that at this stage. I'm not asking about so called pre-registration - simply APPLICATIONS - when can one officially apply?

A straight answer would be very much appreciated. Don't fob us off! Many thanks.

It'll soon be Christmas - and it's getting colder by the day!
Userlevel 7
So when are the applications going to be open for the WHD 2017/18?

Surely you are able to tell us that at this stage. I'm not asking about so called pre-registration - simply APPLICATIONS - when can one officially apply?

A straight answer would be very much appreciated. Don't fob us off! Many thanks.

It'll soon be Christmas - and it's getting colder by the day!

Good news, its open:

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/pay-monthly-21/the-warm-home-discount-application-window-is-now-open-799

Darran
Hello i am needing help with question on warm home discount regarding question regarding prescription question .Husband is over 60.it says matex certificate.Can anyone on here help.please .or know where i can get help with application.
Last time i missed out because i needed help kept ringing ovo then sought help and it was too late.
Userlevel 7
Great news @Smiter!!!!

We try our best 🙂

Darran
Just been looming at this sight and i wrnt back to check if i receved my warm home discount that i was awarded for last year 16/17 and as far as i can see it did not get added to my account i have been awarded it again this year 17/ 18 and told it will be added with in 6 weeks can some on look at my payment account for last year and see of i recived the payment please
Userlevel 7
Hello i am needing help with question on warm home discount regarding question regarding prescription question .Husband is over 60.it says matex certificate.Can anyone on here help.please .or know where i can get help with application.

Last time i missed out because i needed help kept ringing ovo then sought help and it was too late.

Who's able to offer some advice for @Ener71 :?

@coldaschristmas @asortafairytale @Kmc1979 @Nicola l w

Tim
Can I pay in my Winter Fuel Allowance once I receive it
If you receive state pension can you apply for the warm home discount?
HI there over 6 weeks ago I was told I would recieve the warm home discount it would be credit to my account I top up every week by the app and still I havent recieved it please can you tell me why or how I go about getting it thankyou Maxine

Hi does anyone know how to ask to get warm home discount put on your gas instead of the stated electric?

thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hiya!

If you’re on OVO Pay Monthly, the credit goes into a shared wallet anyway so it’ll go towards whichever fuel needs it.

If you’re on Boost PAYG however, it’s electricity by default with Smart Meters. If you get vouchers, you might be able to use them on gas instead.

This is because just about everyone in the UK has an electricity supply, but not everyone has gas and the WHD is meant to be usable in as many possible circumstances as people who qualify to get it.

Thanks so much 

Hi,

I assumed I’d applied and recieved it this year but now I’m worried that I might have forgotten to apply. I’m eligable because I’m disabled, I’m too young to get it automatically.

It used to be quite simple to see the discount applied but OVO have changed the way our info is displayed so I’m wondering if it’s still possible for others to see it.

I checked my sept-nov bills and can’t see it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Amaryllis ,

If you’re in Scotland, you need to apply manually. Otherwise it’s fully automated.