Solved

Moved in and setup account but the starting date is wrong, how can I get this corrected?

• 5 July 2022
  • 1 reply

• New Member***
  • 0 replies

Hello,

I moved in April into a property with electricity supplied by OVO. I registered, but there was a mistake - my start date was listed 1 month late (14th of may instead of 14th of april, which is when I actually moved in).

I immediately phoned OVO when I saw the wrong start date on the contract. The person I talked to was very nice, but said he could not do anything, but would forward the information to the relevant people, who would be able to fix this issue. It has been almost two months, and I have had no news...

I have also sent in an e-mail a couple of weeks ago, but I have not received any reply either. Is there some contact number for the contracts team, or some other way to contact and fix this?

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 6 July 2022, 10:35

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Updated on 13/09/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

Hi @dd1d and thanks for posting this question. 

It sounds like the account was created when you first made contact with OVO, during the house move. Perhaps the date was submitted wrong by the agent you spoke to, or perhaps the previous occupiers gave the wrong date. It’s tricky to say. 

When an account is created, changing the supply start date does request some behind-the-scenes actions to be taken. I’m not sure of the timeframe the team would usually allow but two months is too much. As you mention not getting a reply to your email, I’m wondering if your email address is linked to the account yet… I’d recommend you case up our Support team via online chat to read the latest. 

In the meantime, just make sure your monthly payment is being sent to the account, which you can check online