Skip to main content

Hi,

I am currently on the 1 year fixed loyalty contract for both gas and electricity, having been with OVO for around 4 years prior.

I am looking into possibly leaving to go to another provider, for cheaper rates relating to EV cars…

Can i remain with OVO on just my Gas contract , or do i need to pay to leave both Gas and Electricity?

It just says £75 to leave under each, so i assume i can leave just one, ie electricity and pay £75 and not £150 for both...

Thanks

THS

As far as I know, the system is designed (as the separate exit fees confirm) to be available as individual feeds but I would double check both as in a number of cases, the unit costs can be higher if you don’t take both supplies from the same company

Updated on 30/07/24 by Abby_OVO

Hey @TheHollywoodStroller,

Welcome to the OVO online community, 

BPLightog has already given some great advice here, it might be worth reaching out to the support team to double check with your contract. But there shouldn’t be an issue with you switching one supply away. Check out more on what happens when you leave on this step-by-step guide.

We have a whole wealth of EV related topics, they don’t have to be OVO related, so pop back if you ever have any questions & post in our Electric Vehicles area of the forum! 😊 We also have any EV plan, Charge Anytime: