Solved

Why have OVO not sent my meter readings to my previous supplier?

• 8 May 2020
  • 6 replies

• Carbon Cutter*
  • 3 replies

What is going on???

Its been well over 6 weeks and Ebico tell me that OVO have not sent my final meter readings. Why is this? I’ve emailed OVO as well and I’ve had no response. This needs to be resolved asap. Absolutely ridiculous that I can’t seem to get a straight answer from you guys.

You obviously have my meter readings and you’ve been taking money out of my account without issue. So what is the problem?

What information do you need from me to get Ebico my final meter readings????????

icon

Best answer by Nancy_OVO 11 May 2020, 16:54

Hey @Hsal,

For a bit more info on the transfer process, have a look at my answer to this topic.

It sounds like the opening readings we’ll have sent down the chain of handlers may be stuck with one of the Data Collectors. Your old supplier will need to chase this from their end to receive the readings and be able to close down your account with them.

Hope this helps,

Nancy

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Hsal and welcome to the Forum

So I deduce that you’re switching from OVO to Ebico. Correct?

The switch process involves the Receiving Supplier requesting the transfer via the two National databases. That’s ECOES for electricity and Xoserve for gas. Those requests create a system of Notifications during which lots of data is checked. It isn’t just the meter readings which are provided by the Relinquishing Supplier.

You can read more about this over here on the Topic “Where’s my final refund?

You can also directly check who Xoserve have as your current gas supplier from the website Find My Supplier.

If you want to know who ECOES thinks supplies your electricity, then I’ll need to work out your Distributed Network Operator. Fill in your Forum Profile Page and I’ll see what I can do.

Ive switched from Ebico to OVO. I've reached out to Ebico and they have said that OVO have not sent them the final readings. They could be messing me about of course but with the current situation I cant seem to reach either OVO or Ebico for some straight answers. I'll update my profile

Xoserve states OVO provide my Gas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Hsal  and thanks for the info.

To check who ECOES believes is your electricity supplier you can go here on the website of Electricity North West (your DNO).

Please remember that here on the Forum we are fellow customers. I can’t speak for OVO but I have a pretty good idea how they work.

Now that I understand you have switched from Ebico to OVO, let me offer the following advice.:

You wrote above that you have already emailed them but received no reply. That’s very unusual. OVO have one of the highest customer response scores in the industry.

I don’t know the date when you sent that email, but it’s important that both parties understand that you are operating within the published Complaints Procedure because that has set timeframes. Personally I still prefer doing this by email rather than the online form. That means you retain a date/time copy of what you wrote.

So email again to OVO. Put the word “Complaint” within the Subject line and again at the start of the Body Text.

Ensure you provide enough information for them to positively identify you. I suggest:

• Your name (as on your OVO account)
  • Account number
  • Postal address including post code
  • Start date of your OVO contract

Then give the URL of this Forum Topic. That will enable Customer Services to read what we’ve discussed here.

You should receive a response within 5 working days. This is most commonly by telephone. But if you prefer, you can request that this be by email too.

I don’t like using telephone for complaints because you get no copy of whatever remedy is being offered to you.

In the extremely unlikely event of this case getting referred to the Office of the Energy Ombudsman, it is these emails which prove that you have exhausted the Complaints Procedure

Post here again if you want further clarification.

@Transparent thank you for the detailed response - I’ve sent an email to OVO today following the instructions above, once I hear back I will post an update.

FYI ECOES has OVO as my electricity provider

Userlevel 6

Hey @Hsal,

For a bit more info on the transfer process, have a look at my answer to this topic.

It sounds like the opening readings we’ll have sent down the chain of handlers may be stuck with one of the Data Collectors. Your old supplier will need to chase this from their end to receive the readings and be able to close down your account with them.

Hope this helps,

Nancy