Solved

Rate on my Pipit IHD incorrect

Show first post

41 replies

Userlevel 2

Have contacted them via Facebook. Will let you know the outcome.

Userlevel 2

Contacted via Facebook on 18 Jan.  Received email on 19 Jan from a ‘Resolution Agent’  saying ‘Site Support team are still looking into this for you and we will give you an update as soon as we can.’  Nothing since then!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@ALH vote on this if you don't think OVO have enough capacity in their support team

Userlevel 2

Emailed them again yesterday and received this response this morning:

“I have done some firmware updates for your IHD If you can turn it off for 24-48 hours this should resolve the issue.”

Why this couldn’t have been done months ago is beond me!  Will wait to see if it works.  Might be a case of ‘Goodbye OVO, hello Octopus’ once my current deal finishes.

Userlevel 2

No change yet.

Userlevel 2

Latest today:

“Having completed an in-depth review of your case today, I note that we require the expertise of our dedicated Metering Team. The expected turnaround for our team to contact you is 10 working days.”

Userlevel 2

Received on Sunday, 5 Feb:

“Good Morning,

Can you send images through of the in home display and the smart meter with readings?”

Have forwarded them as requested.

Userlevel 2

Had a call yesterday from a very helpful chap who said that he was going to try to fix this.  

Userlevel 2

Well, the gas tariff is now showing the correct figure, but the usage figure not showing the VAT added - the elect does.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well, the gas tariff is now showing the correct figure, but the usage figure not showing the VAT added - the elect does.

Is it showing the standing charge? Mine adds later in the day .. just wondering if this will catch up later.

Userlevel 2

Yes, looks like it does include tge standing charge.  It may well catch up later as you say.  It would be better if it was continuous then we would have a proper  indication of the real time running cost..

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, looks like it does include tge standing charge.  It may well catch up later as you say.  It would be better if it was continuous then we would have a proper  indication of the real time running cost..

Yes I agree. I never know when my gas standing charge gets added during the day so it’s a guessing game for that. Elec is added very early in the day so that’s simple.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Yes I agree. I never know when my gas standing charge gets added during the day so it’s a guessing game for that. Elec is added very early in the day so that’s simple.

@BPLightlog Is it the same delay on your new Bright IHD display for the standing charge ? 

Userlevel 2

The elect shows vat etc in real time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@BPLightlog Is it the same delay on your new Bright IHD display for the standing charge ? 

I’ll have to check .. I normally monitor via the app 

Update: checked early this morning around 5:30 and the new IHD had got the standing charge showing .. the strange thing is looking at the Chameleon it was also correct. The first time I’ve noticed although I don’t check every day. 

Userlevel 2

Hope I’m not speaking too soon, but everything looks correct today.  The gas and electricity tariffs are correct and include VAT.  Yesterday’s usage, compared to online, includes daily charge and VAT.  Let’s hope nothing changes :)