Solved

Ford electric vehicle smart charging issue with OVO Charge Anytime?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Earlier this week Ford Pass suspended my account as linked with OVO (3rd Party App)

Therefore I am unable to use and will cost c£100 per month more on my electricity bill.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue and what are Ford and OVO doing to resolve?

I use a Pod Point 7kw charger to charge a Ford Mustang Mach E XL using the OVO Charge anytime App linked to my Ford Pass for the smart charging to give me best rate.

icon

Best answer by ChristopherS_OVO 9 April 2024, 15:29

View original

70 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @danh71 ,

Sorry to hear that one! Please let the Charge Anytime team know ASAP via chargeanytime@ovo.com and they’ll help you get the show back on the road.

Userlevel 7

Hey @danh71,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

I’ll report this to the team and see if they have any advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There appears to be a number of connected issues with several brands at the moment : Ford, Jaguar ..

This is also being reported elsewhere so it’s not just an OVO issue. Ford were reportedly moving their connected services which presumably has caused problems as any new connections would need to get their systems re-authenticated to maintain connectivity. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am experiencing the same issues with my Ford Kuga.  I received a message via the Ford Pass app that said my account was suspended as I was using an unauthorised third party app (i.e. Charge Anytime).  This is very frustrating as since early Feb 2024, I have been using the OVO Charge Anytime and Ford Pass to charge my tichy Plug-In hybrid battery with the ‘Granny 3-pin lead supplied by Ford and also received my first savings payments through my OVO account!!

And then…..on Tuesday 5th March, the switch off from Ford Pass occurred (without any prior notice).  I have spoken to Ford Pass support and they informed me that they (Ford Pass) had decided to revoke the OVO Charge Anytime app permissions because of ‘third party app security concerns unresolved’.  Ford could not give me any idea when this would be resolved.

I have recovered access to the Ford Pass app but am no longer able to take advantage of the Charge Anytime savings.  Does anyone at OVO have an update or information they can provide us with as to when this will be resolved ?.  It seems really unprofessional and very confusing to allow the savings for a period of time and them remove the facility without notice.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Tommo56,

Just waiting on an update please see this similar topic:

Userlevel 7

Hey @Tommo56, The Charge Anytime team will be reaching out to affected customers that have contacted them, here is an update:

We’re sorry to hear about the issues you’re currently experiencing with Charge Anytime.We’re aware that some Ford customers have been advised they can no longer use Charge Anytime.We use a third party to connect with Ford so that we can smart charge your car.Unfortunately Ford has blocked access to smart charge their electric vehicles this way. We’re working hard to try to resolve the issue with Ford and we recommend you follow the instructions on your Ford App for now.This means you can’t access Charge Anytime. OVO will no longer be able to smart charge your EV, which means you’ll no longer receive Charge Anytime credits for your EV charging.As soon as we have more information from Ford about whether you’ll be able to access Charge Anytime again we’ll be in touch.

Im also having the same issue with my ford app, i own a kuga and specifically swapped to OVO for cheap charging. Would be pretty gutted if this wasnt resolved quickly as this will cost 4 times the price to charge now. If not then i can see many many customers quickly leaving OVO. 

i knows its not directly OVO’s fault but id be on the phone to ford to get this sorted asap. 

people simply cant afford for this to continue on, please get this sorted asap and keep everyone in the loop. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Best Answer temporarily assigned for maximum visibility. It will be updated when new information is available.

Please keep an eye on the Forum. As soon as either a Forum Moderator or a Forum Volunteer knows more, we’ll post it here (and in other related threads).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Im also having the same issue with my ford app, i own a kuga and specifically swapped to OVO for cheap charging. Would be pretty gutted if this wasnt resolved quickly as this will cost 4 times the price to charge now. If not then i can see many many customers quickly leaving OVO. 

i knows its not directly OVO’s fault but id be on the phone to ford to get this sorted asap. 

people simply cant afford for this to continue on, please get this sorted asap and keep everyone in the loop. 

From what I’ve seen elsewhere, this issue is affecting most suppliers

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve sent email to MD at Ford 

contact details can be found online. 
search Ford CEO contact and you’ll get her email address. 
her office came back pretty quickly, no resolution yet but maybe the more people contact her the faster they’ll try and resolve!!

Userlevel 7

We’re aware that some Ford drivers are having issues with Charge Anytime

Unfortunately, Ford have blocked smart-charging access to all third parties. This means some of our customers aren’t able to smart-charge with Charge Anytime at the moment. It also means those customers won’t get Charge Anytime credit for charging during this time. We’re sorry about this.

We’re working hard to fix this issue with Ford, and get our affected customers back on Charge Anytime as soon as we can. For now, if you’re having issues with Charge Anytime, follow the instructions in your Ford app to charge your EV.

We’ll post an update here as soon as we have any more information from Ford.

Thanks
The OVO Team

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Tim.
octopus had similar issues which have been resolved. 
I believe this is predominantly a Ford issue, but is costing me c£80-100 per month whilst we await a fix. 
Hope that this happens soon as don’t really want to have to change supplier. But may have to if not resolved quickly or at least given an idea of how long a fix will take. 
whilst it’s nice to have an update from ovo some further detail is needed. 

Badge

Hi,

I’ve just had this happen to me. I’ve just had the email from ford suspending my account. 

octopus intelligent had this fixed within a week working with ford and this was back in December / January. 

For an energy provider that prides it self on electric vehicle charging this needs to be fixed ASAP. This will cost me 3.5 times more expensive. if this isn’t fixed soon I’ll have to look at moving energy companies. 

please fix this soon, if octopus can get it sorted so can you. 

Edit - Octopus released a fix over 8 weeks ago -  

https://octopus.typeform.com/to/YjSS6MBZ#ac_number=xxxxx

Badge

Hi,

Just tried the charge anytime app again and it is letting me connect to my Ford car...so it appears to be fixed…...

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks. 
Will try when I get in. 

Userlevel 6

Hey @lennox1970 

Glad to hear the app is working okay with your Ford.🙂

@danh71 did you happen to give yours a try last night?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there OVO team

I have now been able to reconnect my Ford via the OVO Charge Anytime App and all appears well at the moment.  Thank you all for trying hard to sort this out and keep us updated - more info than Ford provided !!. 

Just fingers crossed that it’s a permanent solution 👍👍🚗⚡️🔋

Tommo

Userlevel 6

Hey @Tommo56 

Glad things are all back up and running there as normal!😊🔌🔋

Keep us posted, and if you’ve ever got any questions or issues in future, always feel free to pop back to the Forum.🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge

Still not back up and running 

was removed from app again last night!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi there OVO team

I have now been able to reconnect my Ford via the OVO Charge Anytime App and all appears well at the moment.  Thank you all for trying hard to sort this out and keep us updated - more info than Ford provided !!. 

Just fingers crossed that it’s a permanent solution 👍👍🚗⚡️🔋

Tommo

Are you still ok 

I was suspended again last night. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

Just tried the charge anytime app again and it is letting me connect to my Ford car...so it appears to be fixed…...

Is it still?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey @lennox1970 

Glad to hear the app is working okay with your Ford.🙂

@danh71 did you happen to give yours a try last night?

Yes it worked but have now been suspended again. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @danh71,

What’s the latest with this? If you’re still having issues let me know and I’ll flag to the team.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Still issues. 
unable to use charge anytime. 

Userlevel 7

There isn’t any further updates from the team but they’ll let me know when there is and i’ll feedback to all the relevant topics @danh71