Solved

Moved from Boost PAYG to OVO pay monthly credit meters, but not got an OVO account yet?

Show first post

34 replies

Thank you BP Lightlog but the change was over a month ago.

Userlevel 7

Hey @GeorgeWatson,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

The Online Account may not be completely set up yet. 

Have you had your first statement, welcome letter and new account number? Have you been given a timeframe by the support team for how long the process takes?

Hello Emmanuelle_OVO,

I’ve been on the phone to OVO now for 1 hour and 20 minutes. A block was put on my account in error. They say they can’t tell me how long this block will be on for even though they know it is a mistake.

In the meantime I cannot access my account and I am currently trying to get someone on the phone to tell me how much gas I have used today. Three times the lady has given me a different answer and told me that this isn’t possible despite the fact that I asked for and was told that half hourly meter readings would be taken. She has now just put me back to the hold that you are on when you first call OVO. In other words, she has just dumped me back in the queue despite telling me she was going to solve my problem and that she would be back on the line in a moment and was just putting me on hold.

What an absolute disgrace your organisation is. You just think you’re so big who cares about some little customer. I really hope I can get this story out into the public domain. It took about 5 hours to get the account set up in the first place, with me having to phone back a number of times to be told there were no notes that I had phoned previously.

You’ve taken my money, but blocked me from seeing what gas and elecricity I am using. I am not at home and I just want to know if the central heating is on. I could do this if you didn’t wrongly block my account.

I’m now on 1hour 40 minutes, I have spoken to someone else who told me the call had just come through, that they had to go through data protection with me again because as far as they were concerned I hadn’t been transferred, I had just rang in.

Any comments?

Userlevel 7

Hi @GeorgeWatson, thanks for the update and sorry about the bad experience when calling in. It sounds like a really frustrating one. 

Your comment remains here in this thread so there’s no need to copy it below. I’ll remove the duplicate comment from this thread. 

If your smart meters have been changed to a pay monthly setting, it means they will not disconnect and your central heating will not be disconnected. That said I can appreciate that you want a way to access your online account, see your charges and make sure your monthly payment is big enough. 

It’s tricky for us to advise on this from here. This forum is meant to be for customers to chat to each other about non-account issues. If you’ve not been able to make progress on your latest call we can private message you, take some account details and find out what’s going on behind the scenes. We can also make sure a complaint is raised about your experience if one isn’t already raised. Or use the Facebook messenger icon on the bottom left of the screen for a quicker response time. 

Userlevel 7

Hi @GeorgeWatson,

Please be advised that we have house rules in this community about what should be included and avoiding when making contributions. If your responses are not respectful to those offering help, which includes OVO staff, we’re able to remove them and have the right to remove members. You can see our house rules here:

I also disagree that my response was irrelevant although I’m sorry if you didn’t find it helpful. 

When did I say I was worried about my central heating being disconnected? How do you get away with this?

You called out not knowing if your central heating was on here:

I am not at home and I just want to know if the central heating is on.

Emmanuelle, myself, anyone here on the forum will try and help with advice where they can. As no one here can access your account, any advice about your account is that responder’s best guess. It’s therefore our advice to not get account-specific advice on the forum. 

If you had a question about how your smart meter works, when direct debit reviews happen or what’s everyone’s opinion on the best third party app there is to view your usage, people here on the forum are well placed to advise. For account-specific issues, our Support team are best placed to help

Hope that makes sense,

Tim

Has anyone actually managed to go from a boost prepayment account to an ovo direct debit? I have been trying for months and it just never a seems to actually happen. In the process I have been lied to by call operators, they have hung up on me (despite the fact that I am always polite), transferred me and after hours and hours spent on the phone I have had absolutely no luck. I call OVO to see if the transfer has happened and they just transfer me to Boost, Boost say they have transferred the account and I can no longer top up because the App isn’t recognising the account. I am completely at my wit’s end. I all my years, having lived in many different countries, I have never experienced such a lack of professionalism - especially about something so fundamentally necessary, electricity!

I would be very grateful if anyone who has been successful at transferring over could share any tips! Thank you

Userlevel 6

Hi @CAD 

Sorry to hear of the issues you’ve been having changing over to Direct Debit Pay Monthly. 

Could I ask, when you made the initial request, that they went though contract details etc and to set up a Direct Debit? If not, this might suggest the account hasn’t been created yet.

The Support Team can check for a new account on their end to see if it has been transferred over to Direct Debit, if there is no account they will need to send you though to the BOOST team for further support. 

Changing over from BOOST to Direct Debit can only be done by request.  In order to request the change speak to the Boost Support Team, who can explain the process and advise if the meters will need to be changed.

You can get in touch with the BOOST team here: https://www.boostpower.co.uk/help/.

You may find these similar topics helpful:

Hello,

Perhaps someone here can help.

I have tried speaking to several people at Boost and OVO regarding the matter yet I have not been given a solution.

• My issue is that I recently switched from Boost Pay-As-Go to OVO Direct Debit, but my smart meter is still saying “Powered By Boost” and I can only top up with Boost online. 
  • I have set up a direct debit with OVO and I am only being charged for the day rate. Since I was told by OVO that I was on their supply (Still waiting for them to take my direct debit payment).
  • I am still having to top up my meter daily with Boost, but since OVO confirmed I was on their supply at their end, I tried topping up with OVO to see if it would show up on my meter. It did not, but it was added to my OVO account.

So the issue is, I have £30+ sitting in my OVO account with a direct debit to come out while being charged the daily rate. But my property is still supplied by Boost Pay-As-Go and my eclectic will only run if I top up with Boost!  

Userlevel 7

Hey @Reece,

Sorry for the issues you’re having

It sounds like they still need to remotely change the smart meter from pay as you go to pay monthly. It might be worth getting back in touch with Boost to find out the timeframe to change over to OVO pay monthly.