Solved

I'm PAYG with Boost- My top up key isn't working, how do I get a replacement?

• 12 October 2022
  • 64 replies

Show first post

64 replies

Thanks for the reply Knitter.

we are pre pay though, our problem is our meter is not registering our top ups, even when I do it manually I’m getting “rejected” message.

Gez

Userlevel 7

Hi @Gezp54, sorry to hear of the top up issues. It’s likely that the top up needs adding manually as you’ve already tried, but perhaps not done correctly. In case that’s what’s happened, see Boost Power’s guide on manually adding the top up here. This seems to be targeted at those with Secure first generation meters.

Top up in store

You can also top up over the counter at Post Office branches and PayPoint outlets across the UK. Just look out for the PayPoint sign outside the store.

You'll be given a receipt when you top-up.

It's important you keep hold of this. It will show your 20-digit top-up code, also known as the Unique Transaction Reference Number (UTRN). You may need to use the code if your payment doesn't reach your meter or you need to add your credit more quickly.

A PayPoint receipt with the top-up code section highlighted in red

Boost Support teams are very busy, and they’re asking for those only in emergency situations to call. If your repeated attempts to manually add the top up amount to your meter fail and you’re getting low in credit, that definitely warrants a call to their Support team: 0330 102 7517. Please first make sure you’ve re-tried adding it, as per the instructions above.  

Help! I'm on a pay n go and my meter is  saying call for help when I put card in...iv tried god noze how many numbers including sse numbers. Has anyone got a clue who to phone please 🥺

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Marie C ,

That’s not good. The meter has detected a fault and this does need to be fixed ASAP. You can’t call anyone tonight though.

In the morning from 8am onwards, try these:

If you’re with Boost: 0330 102 7517

If you’re with SSE: 0345 070 7372

With another supplier? You need to contact that supplier directly

Ok thanks I'll try in the morning 👍

Anyone having trouble getting credit on their prepayment meter? 

I have put credit on and it has not registered on my meter which is now saying I'm in debit. The money has been taken from my bank.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Kblake ,

If it’s a Smart Meter, just use the UTRN Code to force the credit through. If you lost it, Support can help you retrieve it again. This will apply the credit to the meter immediately, even if it didn’t apply automatically.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Kblake,

Is this resolved now?

If not, if you're with OVO PAYG, please call our prepayment Support team on: 0330 175 9669.

My smart meter is now showing Gas as estimated bill rather than balance remaining .  Electricity is fine and shows my top ups on balance.

This stopped on 8/11/22 or thereabouts.  Boost app shows payments made

Any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What make of meter do you have @AliAinslie ?

I am looking after my friends house whilst she is in hospital. how do i pay for gas and electric on the smart meter . i do not have her cards but have downloaded the boost app  i am at a loss as to take over the payements . any help please...  

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hiya!

Try using Boost’s WebChat at https://boostpower.co.uk for this. If you explain the situation, I’m sure they’ll help you out. :)

Ovo took over my gas supply from SSE. The new OVO gas top up card didn't work. So far the past 21 days I've had 2 failed engineers visits, 2 failed "blue flash" top up card deliveries, been sent to a shop 2 collect a card that didn't exist and been told on the phone and the Web chat about 10 times that a card has been requested and I will receive it in the post in 1-3 days, no card has arrived. I have spent over 20 hours on the phone to South Africa and over 20 hours on the Web chat. I've got nowhere and been told there is a shortage of cards and I just have to be patient. I've been patient for 21 days now, I just want to have gas. Is that to much to ask. I've lost the will to live dealing with OVO. How can they run their company like this.

Is it not possible to speak to someone in the uk and get this sorted out. I have found the South African call centre and Web chat totally unhelpful and often down right rude.

Userlevel 6

Hey @headlight 

I’m really sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been having.

You can carry on using their old gas card if it still works whilst you wait for their new card to be sent out to you.

If you’re off supply you should call the Support Team as soon as possible to have them get you back on supply.

If you’re not off supply, please reply to our private message from the Forum_Support team who will help raise a complaint. You’ll be able to find that message here: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview.