Solved

Why am I still waiting for my tech issue to be resolved? I'm not receiving bills and can't access my account!

Show first post

42 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

As with any energy supplier, OVO has a LOT of systems and they can range from relatively simple stuff like the OVO Energy app, right the way through to highly complicated and massively regulated things like the systems that allows OVO to connect to smart meters.

Likewise, some problems are an easy fix, others can be a real headache. As someone who works in cybersecurity and has experience of IT Support, I know this all too well.

The best suggestion I can recommend is to be patient for now and hang in there for a bit. If the Tech Team are on the case, they will solve the problem. They just can’t guarantee an exact timescale and that’s to avoid making broken promises.

Hi Jess,

Thanks for replying.

It’s with the energy ombudsman now so hopefully it will be resolved soon but I’m not getting my hopes up.

The most annoying thing is that nobody will tell me if I owe anything on my account, which in the current climate is very stressful. 

Jamie 

Just to provide an update on this, the ombudsman has told Ovo to offer me a written apology and £50 compensation for the poor level of service.

Unfortunately they couldn’t do anything about not being able to access my account and ovo couldn’t even give them any sort of timeframe that when the issue would be fixed.

I’ve now today decided to switch to utility warehouse on their variable tariff, which still works out slightly cheaper than the ovo variable tariff without having to use them for broadband/mobile phone bills as well. 

Jamie 

Userlevel 1

I raised a billing query on 13/02/23 and was told it would be actioned within 3 days. I’ve spoken to OVO this morning (via WhatsApp) and have been told “there is no timeframe for billing queries”.

Surely this can’t be right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I raised a billing query on 13/02/23 and was told it would be actioned within 3 days. I’ve spoken to OVO this morning (via WhatsApp) and have been told “there is no timeframe for billing queries”.

Surely this can’t be right?

@Sunelectric

Sorry to hear that. 

Certainly seems an unusual response to not give a time frame when they will at least get back to you even if resolving the query takes longer. Especially as you were originally told 3 days. 

Would you like to explain the query on this forum in case anyone can offer some useful information? Totally up to you of course.

Alternatively perhaps try contacting OVO again next Monday, a week sounds a reasonable time. 

You could put in a complaint and then ovo have 8 weeks to respond before you get the Energy Ombudsman involved, but that seems a bit heavy handed i think personally at this stage. 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

I don't work for OVO, i am just a customer like you. 

Userlevel 1

@Jeffus 

Thank you for your reply.

I’ve been with OVO since around 2019 (might have been Lumo at the time) but have recently noticed that I’m not receiving the Interest Reward.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Sunelectric,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

We don’t have access to your account here on the Forum so can’t be sure of what is going on in the background of your account. 

But it may be due to them needing to re-bill the account, if it’s for a period over a year ago it would need to go to our un-billed team and there’s no specific timeframe. 

Hope this gets resolved as quickly as possible for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @Sunelectric,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

We don’t have access to your account here on the Forum so can’t be sure of what is going on in the background of your account. 

But it may be due to them needing to re-bill the account, if it’s for a period over a year ago it would need to go to our un-billed team and there’s no specific timeframe. 

Hope this gets resolved as quickly as possible for you. 

Why is there no time frame even for an update? 

How long does it take to get answers on a raised billing case? Or do you have to chase for answers?

Userlevel 7

Hey @NewHome,

It depends on whether the case has been raised as ‘high priority’ or what the issue is.

You’re best to reach out to the support team for a timeframe. 

How long does it take to get answers on a raised billing case? Or do you have to chase for answers?

My last one was fixed within a matter of hours. The problem is that they seem to expect their customers to be telepaths and therefore very rarely actually bother to proactively tell the customer when something is supposedly resolved … or not

If it isn’t obvious from your account whether the problem is resolved, then I’d suggest that you chase. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @NewHome did you manage to sort out your billing issue? 

Has anyone had any experience with a raised billing case? I had a raised billing case and was on the chat line asking if there was any update. 

Only to be told that my case needed to be raised to the home team department and that it could take up to 4 weeks, I'm so frustrated  being put from  piller to post every Time I enquire about this billing case. Feel like I'm just being fobbed off and getting no where , so it has taken the billing team 4 weeks to realise  it needed to be raised to a home team to investigate and resolve my issue. 

This is so frustrating 😤 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @NewHome

Is it related to the other two threads you have posted in?

No

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

No

Hi @NewHome

Sorry to hear about this different issue, I am just a customer like you. 

Are you able to give some specific details about this billing issue?

It is difficult to answer your question otherwise.

If you think you are not making progress you could think about putting in a complaint if you haven't already

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

If the issue then still isn't resolved 8 weeks after submitting a complaint you can ask the Energy Ombudsman for help

https://www.energyombudsman.org/

Some billing issues can take a long time. Just as an example anything involving a meter reading dispute on a bill. 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/guides/energy-guides/guide-to-meter-reading-disputes

How long can a meter read dispute take?
It can take up to 12 to 18 weeks for gas and 14 weeks for electricity (it might take a little longer if we don't have enough – or the right – information).

We know this seems like quite a long time, so we'll always try and get it sorted for you as fast as we can.

Userlevel 7

Hey @NewHome,

Sorry for the issues you’re having, it sounds very frustrating. 

If we can have a bit more background to your issue, we can offer some advice here.

Some industry timeframes are 4 weeks, so it may be due to a third party.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Has anyone had any experience with a raised billing case? I had a raised billing case and was on the chat line asking if there was any update. 

Only to be told that my case needed to be raised to the home team department and that it could take up to 4 weeks, I'm so frustrated  being put from  piller to post every Time I enquire about this billing case. Feel like I'm just being fobbed off and getting no where , so it has taken the billing team 4 weeks to realise  it needed to be raised to a home team to investigate and resolve my issue. 

This is so frustrating 😤 

Hi @NewHome have you sorted your issue now?