Solved

Moving old fuses after Smart Meter installation

• 9 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I recently had a smart meter installed and there is an extra set  of old fuses between the smart meter tails and the incoming mains supply. Can I get this tidied up so I can reduce the size of the cupboard in which they live? See picture attached.

Many thanks,

TidyNeil

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 9 May 2023, 09:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @TidyNeil and welcome to this customer forum. The picture is not completely clear but it looks like both fuse block are feeds from the incoming supply. They would have restricted access as they belong to the supplier (or DNO) but theoretically, they could be tidied. 
The configuration looks slightly odd as it look like there are fused inputs feeding into fused feeds so not sure how this has transpired. 
You would need some professional help with this

Hi @BPLightlog ,

Thank you for your reply. The DNO says it is only responsible for the input to the lower fuses, I too am puzzled about the second set of fuses, but they must have been put in decades ago when the old meters were installed so ...... My electrician says he can't touch the fuses because they are before the metered supply. Not sure how I ask an OVO electrician to quote for moving them 🤔.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Not sure if this might be a guide

or 

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/my%2Daccount%2D140/non%2Dessential%2Dmeter%2Dmaintenance%2Drelocation%2Dor%2Dremoval%2Dengineering%2Dwork%2Dwe%2Dcan%2Darrange%2Dand%2Djob%2Dcosts%2D8643

@BPLightlog 

Thank you, will have a read through after work and see if a solution pops up!