How can OVO help in the event of a bereavement?

• 23 October 2018
  • 59 replies
How can OVO help in the event of a bereavement?

Show first post

59 replies

I got in touch with bereavement@ovoenergy.com.

They have dealt with it.

It says “energy account”.
I am dealing with Scottish Power for electricity and the gas is disconnected.
You chat-bot/person could not say what the bill was for.

What puzzles me is the amount of times I received a response that ignored the contents of my messages. I know this because it was “we don’t recognise your email address” and then “please get the dead guy to contact us instead”. I paraphrase.

Have the robots already taken over your company?

Why do you have a contact email on your webpage if it is not being seen by a human?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @user47,

I’m glad to hear that you got this resolved. I can understand from your point of view that this would have been a frustrating experience. I can help shed some light on how our email system works. 

When you use the contact email address, the system will filter your email to your account using an email address that is attached to an account. You would get the “we don’t recognise your email address” message if the system can’t find an account with that email address. The mailbox receives a high volume of emails that wouldn’t be manageable without having these redirected to the correct accounts. 

In the case of the bereavement email I provided before, as they are a dedicated team, they don’t receive as many emails, and the email box can be managed by a person/team. 

If you need further help with the account, you can contact the Bereavement Team using the contact details I gave above. They are the best channel for any further questions or help.

Again …

What’s the point of offering a service to the public and then have that offer refused - by a robot.

You have delegated your customer interface to a machine. But remember, that machine was programmed by a human.

My first contact with your company was refused again and again due to your system.

Take responsibility and change your faulty, soul-less system.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @user47

We do have other methods of contact from live chat to a dedicated support team. All of our contact options can be found at https://www.ovoenergy.com/help

I’m sorry that our email system hasn’t worked for you as it was designed with our customers in mind. I do recognise that as you aren’t a customer that things were more difficult and for that we can only apologise. 

and will you be adding another email address for non-customers, or at least state at the outset that non-customers will not receive a response?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

For those who aren’t active customers, it’s actually better to use phone or live chat.

and it says this where on the website?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It doesn’t need to. Most people naturally gravitate towards the faster options by default.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @user47

If you’re still unhappy about the issues you’ve had with our email system I would suggest raising a complaint with our Bereavement Team. They can get this recorded for you on the system and i’m sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.