Solved

Help - why can't I submit a meter reading?

Show first post

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

Can you see your previous readings on this page? Compare the new one with the previous ones. Could you have submitted too many or too few digits?

I have tried over the last 2 days to submit an electricity meter reading manually.I keep getting “ Oops there is a problem “ message. I have received a bill for the period 16th June to 16th July but it only refers to the usage up to my last reading on 30th June which I gave because of the change in the energy cap after this date. Bizarrely it includes daily standing charge up to 16th July. My account says next reading due 17th August. I thought we were meant to input data every month by 16th. Why would this be?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @JM2 , that sounds as if your recent attempt got logged despite the error message. Can you see any readings on your account (if you have access)?

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings?

Hi, yes can see readings . Last one was 30th June. Latest attempt not registered.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi, yes can see readings . Last one was 30th June. Latest attempt not registered.

Ok - can you see that your reading that you’re trying to input is in the right area (numerically) .. sorry not trying to say that you can’t input correctly but just wondered if you missed a digit?

I’m not surprised at the standing charge being up to date … that’s normal with their live billing even if a reading isn’t available

Hi, yes all in right place. I gave them a call. Been some systems glitches. They have input reading for me. Hopefully all sorted now. Thanks for your replies. 

Reference thread: 

which seems to also suggest I’m not the only one.

I switched today to OVO. I have a smart meter. I received an email from OVO to say I should submit meter readings, even though I have a smart meter. I can’t submit my opening meter reads and get the above error message.

Also mildly frustrating that I need a separate account to use the Forum, rather than just being able to login with my OVO account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Laws ,

The support team can bypass that issue. Get in touch via https://ovoenergy.com/help and they’ll take a look.

As for the forum account? It runs on a separate system from everything else which is why a different account is needed. This also protects your privacy while allowing non-OVO members to also take part.

Thanks @Blastoise186 - super helpful. 

Do we know why this keeps happening? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Not at the moment I’m afraid.

Userlevel 7

Did you get this sorted @Laws?

Yes thanks @Emmanuelle_OVO - I emailed hello@ovoenergy.com with my meter readings and an agent phoned me back to say they’d added them to my account and that switching from my old supplier would take some time but my readings were in line with my smart meter readings so that is communicating correctly, which is a relief.