Solved

Daily, weekly and monthly usage cost data is missing from online account and app?

Show first post

113 replies

The ovo app takes some getting used to. But you're right it's not as good as the SSE one. And don't get me started on these ridiculous middle of the month bills. They have a fraction of the information the SSE ones had.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you have ideas to improve the app… https://forum.ovoenergy.com/ideas 

Don't have to improve it just use the app SSE had.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Incompatible I’m afraid. OVO’s custom built billing platform is completely different to the legacy SSE pre-packaged off-the-shelf one.

The apps for each side do not work with the other.

So why can't they show what you've used in currency and why am I unable to see only my electricity usage and not my gas.

Userlevel 2

I’ve only got Volts rather than Therms but there’s plenty of information available at https://my.ovoenergy.com/ unless I have misunderstood your question. (Mod - there’s no traceable personal info here)

I’ve only got Volts rather than Therms but there’s plenty of information available at https://my.ovoenergy.com/ unless I have misunderstood your question. (Mod - there’s no traceable personal info here)

That's nothing like what's on my app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

That's nothing like what's on my app.

That looks like the website not the app, 3 separate screen shots 

Userlevel 2
Badge

The daily usage stats seem to have disappeared from my App.

Instead I now have a ridiculous weekly summary which tells me I’m using a lot of gas to heat my home…..which is amusing as I don’t have a gas supply. 

Is this a temporary blip or has this feature been removed ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Temporary blip - hopefully. 
Lots of reports on this at present

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Try now - my data returned just now

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks, got it back!

Anybody know why OVO have removed the cost of usage from the actual cost pounds and pence and kWh to just kWh ?

Strange they have removed the actual monetary cost , l would l like an answer to this one ? 

Userlevel 1

I don't know what was in their minds, but I found it easier to compare my KWh usage with the corresponding month last year. I was delighted to see that my various energy saving hacks had reduced my gas KWh by nearly 75%!!  This wouldn't be clear by comparing the cost as that is so different now ☹️

Too be honest all u do is look at my daily usage apart from that I don't understand anything else like KWh..

Userlevel 1

Not sure if you are talking about what you see on your Smart meter or on your bill. I can see both cost and KWh on both.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Anybody know why OVO have removed the cost of usage from the actual cost pounds and pence and kWh to just kWh ?

Strange they have removed the actual monetary cost , l would l like an answer to this one ? 

There have been a number of missing data problems with this I understand. Lots of people have missed the cost data but OVO say it is being worked on.

Hi on the usage on the OVO website you was able to see your usage in either kWh or £ and p , this has now been removed so it’s only kWh , l would like to know if customers understand how to work out the costs in kWh, l was able to see my actual usage as a money value , this has now been removed ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If you look at your plan info @Rippedoff63 you can see a price per kWh. If you multiply this by the kWh you see, you can see the cost (without standing charge and vat)

I’ve had no daily monthly yearly data for weeks now either. I’ve contacted Ovo about 6 times now. It’s been rectified once and reappeared for 24 hours. I’ve been told to remove app and re install numerous times. Remove caches etc and am assured it will work. It doesn’t. I’ve been told it’s been raised with tech people and will take 5 days to be resolved. It doesn’t. I’ve just given up now as I haven’t got time to keep raiding it.  I couldn’t see it pre smart meter and can’t see it now. 🤷🏻‍♀️ that said. I want to be able to see it. It’s referred to constantly, but clearly not available to many. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’ve had no daily monthly yearly data for weeks now either. I’ve contacted Ovo about 6 times now. It’s been rectified once and reappeared for 24 hours. I’ve been told to remove app and re install numerous times. Remove caches etc and am assured it will work. It doesn’t. I’ve been told it’s been raised with tech people and will take 5 days to be resolved. It doesn’t. I’ve just given up now as I haven’t got time to keep raiding it.  I couldn’t see it pre smart meter and can’t see it now. 🤷🏻‍♀️ that said. I want to be able to see it. It’s referred to constantly, but clearly not available to many. 

The Bright app is perhaps worth a look if you haven't already for you cost data. 

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/bright/id1369989022

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.hildebrand.brightionic

They are authorised and regulated by the Energy Regulator OFGEM like a few others

Thank you jeffus

i have downloaded bright and can confirm I can now see my charges. Even charges  so far today. Thanks very much. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thank you jeffus

i have downloaded bright and can confirm I can now see my charges. Even charges  so far today. Thanks very much. 

Always happy to help. 

You can often find if you refresh the Bright app through the day it will show more readings.

@BPLightlog is very experienced in using the Bright app if you have any follow up questions about it. Some posts here in case they are useful for example

When I log into my OVO app it keeps coming up with ‘somethings wrong’ yes and it doesn't seem to get fixed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I need to know more than that to be able to advise I’m afraid.

What device do you have and what’s the OS version for example?