Solved

Daily, weekly and monthly usage cost data is missing from online account and app?

Show first post

113 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’d probably ping this one via Support if it were me. 

thank you for the kind replies - no matter how |I look on line or on phone I cannot see the costs - I had sent a facebook message and they have reoplied it is a known issue - but it has been days and days now that I cannot tell how much I am spendoing and it is a worry … 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Sioux,

Sorry to hear this,

Hopefully the issues with your cost data will be resolved soon, it sounds like you’ve already raised it to the right people. In the meantime, you can see how much you’re using through our live billing system and your statements. We have some great tutorials on these topics:

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Hi I’ve seen several articles on here of Ovo customers having usage data missing in the app and website from the start of March, I’ve called Ovo now on 3 seperate occasions to try and get this fixed on my account but this only resulted in my tariff being changed from the standard variable to economy 7.

Unfortunately this hasn’t fixed my original problem and in my latest bill I’ve only been billed a standing charge and no usage shown and my smart meter is showing the old tariff whilst the app and website show the new economy 7 prices…

Is anyone able to offer any help in getting this resolved as I’m fed up of trying to resolve this on the phone and failing and be told we’ll call you back tomorrow and then you don’t or wait for over an hour on the web chat today with no response at all. 

thanks

John

Userlevel 7

Hey @johncroxon0121,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

If the smart meters are showing incorrect rates, it sounds like you need to request a tariff configuration. Unfortunately, this will need to be raised with Support. However you can contact them via web chat to request this.

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Quick update was called back by Ian from the Ovo customer experience team who went through everything with me and managed to fix the app and website usage issues, just waiting for the meter to update itself to the new tarif to see if the issue is fully resolved.

Fair play to Ovo and Ian for going above and beyond today to sort the issues out, really good to see a good example of customer service. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Quick update was called back by Ian from the Ovo customer experience team who went through everything with me and managed to fix the app and website usage issues, just waiting for the meter to update itself to the new tarif to see if the issue is fully resolved.

Fair play to Ovo and Ian for going above and beyond today to sort the issues out, really good to see a good example of customer service. 

Hi @johncroxon0121 If the tariff on the In Home Display gets out of sync again in the future you can drop OVO a private/direct message on either their Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Both are official OVO support channels and the OVO staff there can access your account. 

https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy

You would need to include your name, address, date of birth and account number to pass security in the message. 

Tell them the tariff on the meter needs updating so issue the SMETS command Update Tariff Configuration. 

That nearly always fixes it. 

As with others my app is showing half hourly usage in kilowatt hours, which is of absolutely no help! It used to show the cost, which was great, but a month or so ago it just suddenly changed. How can this be reverted??

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

As with others my app is showing half hourly usage in kilowatt hours, which is of absolutely no help! It used to show the cost, which was great, but a month or so ago it just suddenly changed. How can this be reverted??

Hi @stephenbryant

Welcome back to the customer forum, i am just a customer like you.

The half hourly usage has never shown cost figures, only kWh figures by design. 

Vote on this idea that has been raised if you would like to see it and post a comment on the idea

If you can't see costs on the monthly or yearly tab then that is a customer specific issue. You should be able to toggle better kWh and £ on the Monthly and Yearly tabs. You need to raise that with OVO Support so the IT team can look at it. 

https://help.ovoenergy.com/#contact_us_container

OK, but for the record it absolutely did used to show actual half hourly COST!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

OK, but for the record it absolutely did used to show actual half hourly COST!

Hi @stephenbryant

Thanks for the feedback. 

Can you share a screenshot showing the 30min costs on the daily tab?

Was it on the app and website?

Do you remember the date you saw it so i can check with OVO?

If you haven't already, you could see how you get on with the various Ofgem regulated 3rd party apps, for example

https://hugoenergyapp.co.uk/

They access slightly different data on the smart meters, but are quite good for 30 min data. For example

Hi there, thanks for your reply! I can't do that, for everything has retrospectively changed to kilowatt hours. (That's why I know 100% it used to be cost that was shown.) January, for example, used to show cost but when I bring it up now it's kilowatt hours. Both on the app and the website. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi there, thanks for your reply! I can't do that, for everything has retrospectively changed to kilowatt hours. (That's why I know 100% it used to be cost that was shown.) January, for example, used to show cost but when I bring it up now it's kilowatt hours. Both on the app and the website. Thanks.

Have you tried the Hugo app

Be interesting to know if that is showing £.