Solved

Daily, weekly and monthly usage cost data is missing from online account and app?

Show first post

113 replies

I phone 6 plus wit 14. 4.2 software...

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ok. Try reinstalling the app as that might help.

My account / app seems to be showing me what I've used in Kilowatt hours instead of actual cost all of a sudden. How can I revert to actual cost. (I thought I was paying treble)

Looks like we couldn’t find some of your usage data

We’re missing some data for the selected unit, try another unit or period of time

I am getting this message for the last couple of weeks now. All of the cost data has disappeared. Any clues please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Geoff_S are your meter readings up to date? You can check via your account. 
https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings

If they are smart meter readings they do occasionally lose connection. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There have been examples of this reported over recent weeks. The data usually gets back in place itself but you would need to raise the issue direct if not. 
Don’t forget that on the ‘day’ view it’s usually just in kWh 

Userlevel 7

Hey @AWalker,

Any luck following @Blastoise186’s advice? 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Geoff_S,

Sorry for the issues you’re having, 

Hi @Geoff_S are your meter readings up to date? You can check via your account. 

If we’re in communication with your meters or have up to date reads but it’s just an issue with the usage graphs, to re-assure you, you’ll still be being billed accurately. You can check your statements in the meantime for usage information. 

We’ve seen a number of customers on the Forum with this issue and it’s been reported internally. This should hopefully be resolved soon. 

Let us know when the usage information comes back. 

Hey @Geoff_S,

Hi @Geoff_S are your meter readings up to date? You can check via your account. 

If we’re in communication with your meters or have up to date reads but it’s just an issue with the usage graphs, to re-assure you, you’ll still be being billed accurately. You can check your statements in the meantime for usage information. 

We’ve seen a number of customers on the Forum with this issue and it’s been reported internally. This should hopefully be resolved soon. 

Let us know when the usage information comes back. 

Ah, thanks for the replies.

It’s been going on for a while now but I’ll see how it goes and keep an eye on it.

I would say though that an application that is fundamentally designed to show usage and cost, but doesn't actually show the cost, is a bit poor. Especially as it used to show detailed cost! Your systems people really need to get a grip in my opinion.

Userlevel 7

Hey @stephenbryant,

We’ve seen a number of customers on the Forum with this issue and it’s been reported internally. This should hopefully be resolved soon as possible, as @BPLightlog has advised the data should re-appear but if not please contact our Support Team

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

No..says cannot grab my account information?

Userlevel 7

Hey @Geoff_S,

If it’s been going on for a while, I’d advise contacting Support as it sounds like a tech issue on your account.

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ok, this sounds like an account specific issue. I’d suggest contacting Support via https://help.ovoenergy.com for this one then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@AWalker I'm surprised that you have iOS 14 on an iPhone 6 plus. I thought the 6 had a limit of iOS 12 - although that should still be ok for the OVO app

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@AWalker I'm surprised that you have iOS 14 on an iPhone 6 plus. I thought the 6 had a limit of iOS 12 - although that should still be ok for the OVO app

I maintain records for that. iPhone 6/6 Plus has not received iOS updates beyond iOS 12.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well if the 14.4.2 was the app version, the latest is 16.4.0 and the iOS check is still needed - iOS 12.0 is a minimum for the app

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It’s also worth noting that iOS 12 is currently the oldest iOS version supported by the OVO Energy app. A future app update may require iOS 13 or later - and will prevent you getting the update if your device can’t get that iOS version.

I am having more issues now as the app will not tell me how much I am spending - it will only tell me how much KWH - but I need to understand how much I am spending as I cannot convert the KWW to money -

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sioux , there are drop outs on data from time to time. I can’t see mine right now either. If you look at your plan page it will tell you how much per kWh you’re paying. There’s the standing charge to add too. 
https://account.ovoenergy.com/plan

If you have gas, don’t forget that the meter doesn’t read in kWh 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Sioux 

Welcome to the customer forum, i don't work for OVO, i am just a customer like you

Mine is fine at the moment

I can see the kWh readings on the Year, Month, Day tab

I can see the costs on the Year and Month tab

Just for others benefit, there is never a 30min cost breakdown on the Day tab

Is anyone else still having issues with Ovo not providing daily gas and electric charges via the app. This started for me the beginning of the month and I was told its a technical fault they are repairing but still nothing! I rely on this daily breakdown cost to keep ontop of my bill and manage our useage. Not having it for this period of time is adding so much stress and uncertainty around our daily spend.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

There are never costs shown under “Daily”. If you’re after daily costs, use the Monthly tab

I used to get daily costing breakdowns here. They are no longer available as you can see. Under monthly, my costs show as n/a under there also

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I can’t reproduce this issue, it may be account specific.

Device: Oshawott on Android 13

App/CodePush: 16.4.0/v396

Userlevel 7
Badge

I can’t reproduce this issue, it may be account specific.

OK @Blastoise186, so what do we do now if this is account-specific and not a system fault? My half-hourly usage data are all present and up to date (to 2023-03-27 23:59:00).

Android 8.0.0 | OVO 16.4.0 / v396