Solved

Card payment still not showing- Is this affecting other customers?

• 25 January 2024
  • 42 replies

Show first post

42 replies

Userlevel 2

@Tim_OVO Thanks for your swift response to this issue for everyone.Mine has finally updated as well. I hope everyone elsie's also updates by the morning.

Also now resolved, thanks

Userlevel 1

Resolved for me now to. Thank you to everyone involved in fixing the issue. Hope everyone else gets a quick resolution. 

I’ve paid my bill 2 weeks ago at PayPoint and still not showing on my account. After trying to sort this out, been told on 17.01.24 it may take 10 days to sort it, then another time frame given - 28 days. Just wondering why it’s taking so much time to find my payment when I’ve provide them all the details plus the photo of the receipt. Is PayPoint a part of OVO? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No. PayPoint is owned by PayPoint Plc and isn’t part of OVO Group. They’re completely separate entities - which would have to be the case to avoid one being dominant over the other.

It’s worth remembering that PayPoint and Payzone don’t just do utility bill payments either. They also have other purposes so arguably have to remain under a neutral owner from any of their clients (and arguably, also from each other).

Just checked the website and on thursday Apple Pay payment has now been acknowledged.

Userlevel 7

Hey all, just an update on this, the issue is fixed for anyone looking to make a payment now, it's only payments that were attempted during the issue that need adding. 

It’s good to see most of you are reporting that these missed payments are showing, if for anyone they’re payments are not showing I would recommend you wait until the end of today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey all, just an update on this, the issue is fixed for anyone looking to make a payment now, it's only payments that were attempted during the issue that need adding. 

It’s good to see most of you are reporting that these missed payments are showing, if for anyone they’re payments are not showing I would recommend you wait until the end of today.

@Emmanuelle_OVO Have you heard if some may take 28 days? See link

What should customers do if it is not showing by the end of today? Are you going to collate them or should they contact customer services?

@Emmanuelle_OVO Have you heard if some may take 28 days? See link

What should customers do if it is not showing by the end of today? Are you going to collate them or should they contact customer services?

My PayPoint payment still missing 😬

Userlevel 7
Badge

I’ve paid my bill 2 weeks ago at PayPoint and still not showing on my account. 

Mac, that’s a different problem. This thread is about users paying by card; there was a temporary glitch that seems to have been cleared up.

You may be the same position as this poster, whose PayPoint payment is also missing. It seems that OVO have suddenly stopped accepting payment like this, without telling anyone including their own support staff. Your payment should be safe, but there may be an uncomfortable wait until it’s all sorted out. Please make sure Support have the details of your case, so you can if necessary enter a complaint in order to bring the case to conclusion. 

I have looked at the Forum and many people have had the same problem.  I paid my own and my Mums OVO bill at a Coop paypoint on 11th January.  However looking at my OVO account and my Mums it says payment has not been received.  I have contacted Paypoint and they confirm the payment was successful and OVO should check their 'missing payments' process.  This seems to follow a pattern where customers say they made the payment on 11th January.  Maybe OVO had some kind of a blip on their system on that day.  I keep checking my account and it is staying no payment received.

Userlevel 7
Badge

You’re not alone, as you’d noticed. I’m sure the forum moderators will have something to say tomorrow (Monday) in the other thread you also posted in.

Userlevel 6

Hey @Mac1982 

Sorry to hear your payment still hasn’t reached your account.

If the payment has still not reached your account, I would recommend contacting the Support Team directly so that they can attempt to locate the payment and allocate it to the account, this is a case that the team can raise. For more on this type of case, see this topic below:

If you’ve still got the receipt they’ll likely want a copy of this along with information on how and when the payment was made. 

Keep us updated with how you get on.

Userlevel 7
Badge

… For more on this type of case, see this topic below:

@Abby_OVO , there’s no mention of missing PayPoint payments in that thread. No bank account involved ...

Userlevel 6

@Firedog I’ll perhaps look to update that thread as they should still be able to apply the locate and allocate the payment with the receipt and same information. As it counts as a payment method, it should still have a trace, so long as it didn’t return to the bank instead.

The Support Team can assist with this in the same way.

Userlevel 6

Hey @Debbief 

Sorry to hear you’ve been affected by this issue.

Please do contact the Support Team about this so that they can look into the matter. They’ll be able to locate and add that payment on for you.

If you’ve still got the receipt that’ll be extremely helpful, along with information on how and when the payment was made. 

You can find out more on this type of support case below on a similar topic:

Keep us updated with how you get on.

I spoke to a lady yesterday who was very helpful. I checked my OVO online account and thankfully it is now showing as the payment has been received