I’m moving house - why can’t I take my OVO account with me to the new place?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
  • Community Moderator
  • 926 replies

If you’re an OVO customer and you’re moving home, we will need to close your OVO account down. You can do this yourself: we will just need the date you moved and the readings on that day. Submit this info online here. This account will then be closed, and a new one opened for the person who takes over responsibility for that property.

If you want to have OVO supply your new place, you need to start a new switch once you’ve got the keys and you’re responsible for that property. This will have a new online account (unless that house has the old prepayment meters, then you will need to switch to Boost Power to be part of the OVO family), which won’t be able to link up with the My OVO page from your old place. This is because each My OVO account links up with the meters of the property, instead of you as an energy user.

If you miss the My Usage section, don’t worry - this will soon populate with the new property’s usage.

9 replies

We are due to move house within a couple of weeks of our fixed price deal expiring, although we don't yet have a certain date. Should we accept the next fixed price offer now and renegotiate when we move? If we don't accept it now will we be able to negotiate another fixed price deal after a gap when we move into our new house.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hey @nixtek

I've moved your query over to an existing topic on moving home.

You can also find more information here: https://www.ovoenergy.com/ovo-answers/topics/all-about-switching/moving-home/im-moving-home-how-can-ovo-help-me.html.

Thanks,
Emily
Userlevel 1
So am I right in thinking any tarriff isn’t portable?

My grandmother is moving home and is only a few months into a 2 year fix.

I couldn’t find a way to move her deal so signed her up again to another new Ovo deal that isn’t nearly as good :(
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
That's right, @Kris

Your grandmother won't incur leaving fees if she moves out of the property mid-contract - but we can't move the contract from one property to another. If any OVO customer wants to sign their new property up, they'll need to complete the quote and switch process again here: https://switch.ovoenergy.com/

Thanks,
Emily
Userlevel 1
Emily_OVO wrote:

That's right, @Kris

Your grandmother won't incur leaving fees if she moves out of the property mid-contract - but we can't move the contract from one property to another. If any OVO customer wants to sign their new property up, they'll need to complete the quote and switch process again here: https://switch.ovoenergy.com/

Thanks,
Emily

Thanks, she’s moved out now and I’ve signed her up to Ovo at her new home, the switch is in progress.

I’ll cancel at her old home once it’s sold.
Hi - we’re movIng into our new house tomorrow but have not yet sold our current house that is supplied by Ovo. Obviously we want to keep the gas and electricity on in our old house albeit at very low levels. Can we get our direct debit reduced, and can we have two properties on one Ovo account if we decide to change the new house over to Ovo too?

Thanks

Dave
Userlevel 5
Badge
Cowlid wrote:

Hi - we’re movIng into our new house tomorrow but have not yet sold our current house that is supplied by Ovo. Obviously we want to keep the gas and electricity on in our old house albeit at very low levels. Can we get our direct debit reduced, and can we have two properties on one Ovo account if we decide to change the new house over to Ovo too?

Thanks

Dave

Hey @Cowlid,

I've moved your post onto this topic about moving homes, where you should be able to find the info you need.

Nancy
Hi, I just moved to new rent property few weeks ago as I receive bill from OvoEnergy as I would like to register account on OvoEnergy which I've register or set new account as it mention it sent to my email (gmail) but I've not receive anything. I've email you twice and not hear anything back. Please advise.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hey @spiderkzn - I've moved your post over here where you can find information about moving in and out!
Like most websites OVO Energy uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site. Accept and Close