Introducing Charge Anytime - next generation EV charging

Show first post

360 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

We’ve only gone & done it !!!

Well Mrs TT has🤭

Only gone bought a BEV 🔋. 

The jury is still undecided if I will I miss having the equivalent petrol or diesel model.

On the plus side, I can make use of charge anytime while I make my mind up,

as all will be compatible with Ovo.

Tom…

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Any plans on adding Volvo EX30 to the list 

There is no specific timeline for if/when a particular EV will become supported. It’s up to the manufacturer to want to play ball too.

Userlevel 3

Hi @TomThumb,

Congratulations on your new electric vehicle. I’ve given you an EV badge to mark the occasion! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Cheers @Shads_OVO  

Not got either the car or charger installed yet. But soon.

All being well, we should get the new car by the end of April or very early in May.

No date on the home charger installation.

I know the ohme charger is compatible with ovo’s charge anytime, once it’s installed, 

but as we have only just had the initial survey done on the home electrical supply, time is running short to get the charge point installed in time.

As I’ve no experience as yet to home charging an ev.

A: would there be a preferred smart connection for charge anytime, ie: the vehicle or the charger?

(I’m guessing both will achieve the same thing, but the functionality will vary)

B: if I initially used the car’s smart charging features (don’t know if it has any such thing yet) via a granny 3pin connection?

Could I swap to the chargers (ohme) smart controller with ease once the charger is installed?

Tia

Tom…

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

A: Charger! Always! :)

B: This is possible, but not recommended. Charge Anytime expects the EV to be able to charge at the maximum possible rate at any given time. Granny Chargers rarely provide this, so you may find yourself unable to get a full charge in some cases. If possible, a dedicated EV Charger is always going to be the best option.

C: It should be possible to swap the control from EV to Charger if memory serves. But please get the Charge Anytime team to help with that - they’ll need to do some stuff with magic dashboards before you can connect the Charger, after which they’ll advise on the next steps.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks for the info bud @Blastoise186 

I am hopeful that the charger will be installed before we take delivery of the car, but with my luck of late (all bad🤭) I’m covering all bases

As always: much appreciated of  forum & yourself.

Tom…

Userlevel 2
Badge

Can I ask a quick question. I have a Tesla charger at home and my EX30 which is the new EV ( coming soon) besides my current Tesla. I believe both my charger and EX30 are not compatible charger and car at the moment . I am still able to charge it at the normal rate right ( I am assuming I won’t be able to enjoy the 7 pence rate) 

Thanks 

Rama 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You can, yes. With the obvious caveat that you wouldn’t get the 7p/kWh rate.

Userlevel 2
Badge

You can, yes. With the obvious caveat that you wouldn’t get the 7p/kWh rate.

Just tried. It’s charging. That’s sad . It’s costing 4x more . Hopefully they can add ex30 since other Volvo electric cars are compatible . 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Volvo changed the software massively for 2022 and later models. It’s… Complicated...