Solved

My BMW I4 charges for 2 mins and stops

• 22 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have been charging my BMW I4 from home with no changes over the last 6 months.

For some.reason the last 3 attempts at home charge for 2 mins and then stops.

I charged it a petrol station fine a few days ago and it was fine so I know it's not an issue with the car

HELP

Hak

icon

Best answer by ChristopherS_OVO 24 April 2024, 09:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Absgooner ,

It’s possible that short burst is just before Charge Anytime kicks in and takes over - it usually then sets up the proper charge shortly after.

The Charge Anytime team do have the logs though, which they can dig through if you ask them to. Ping them an email to chargeanytime@ovoenergy.com and they’ll take a look.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Absgooner,

One of our volunteers has given some really insightful advice on your issues with charging. I just wanted to correct the email address given as it’s slightly incorrect. You can reach the team on either 0330 175 9678 (Option 1 for new customers/option 2 existing customers) or chargeanytime@ovo.com

keep us updated if this is resolved for you 😊

Badge

Unfortunately not, I left it plug in overnight. Cables fine as used them somewhere else.

Worked fine until.last week (had an electric car for 3 years,)

Just started messing about last week no idea why

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Absgooner

Did you contact the team? They’ll work with you to try and get this up and running. It could be something has updated in your software that’s blocking the charging from starting. 

Let us know if you find out what caused the charging to stop as it could help others with the same issue! 

Badge

Yes, told me to go back to charging unit  people

Userlevel 4
Badge

Please keep us updated with the outcome once you have spoken with them @Absgooner! If it still isn’t working for you at that point, we can look to see what else could be causing this. 🙂