Solved

Meter is economy 7 with 3 sets of readings - how do I give a reading via My OVO?

• 14 December 2017
  • 3 replies

I have a digital economy 7 meter I had to give my old supplier 3 readings, I press a red button and I get the 1st, press it again I get the second press it again I get the third which is the total of readings one and two however it doesn’t say what readings one and two are and which one is the economy 7 reading and I can’t find anywhere on ovo where to enter them
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 18 December 2017, 13:49

I have a digital economy 7 meter I had to give my old supplier 3 readings, I press a red button and I get the 1st, press it again I get the second press it again I get the third which is the total of readings one and two however it doesn’t say what readings one and two are and which one is the economy 7 reading and I can’t find anywhere on ovo where to enter them

Good question @Aud306

We should know that your meter has more then one rate (economy 7 or economy 10 probably), and give you the option to submit the peak and off peak readings separately via My OVO. We won't need the reading that is the total of both the off peak and peak registers.

If it's just letting you submit the one reading, it's likely that your meter isn't labelled as a two-rate meter on the national database, and you're on a single rate tariff as a result. Send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com) so we can check this.

Tim
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Good question @Aud306

We should know that your meter has more then one rate (economy 7 or economy 10 probably), and give you the option to submit the peak and off peak readings separately via My OVO. We won't need the reading that is the total of both the off peak and peak registers.

If it's just letting you submit the one reading, it's likely that your meter isn't labelled as a two-rate meter on the national database, and you're on a single rate tariff as a result. Send us a message via Facebook, Twitter or email (hello@ovoenergy.com) so we can check this.

Tim
My digital display meter has three readings. We have Economy 7.
Which do I send to OVO online?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
My digital display meter has three readings. We have Economy 7.
Which do I send to OVO online?

See the main thread @Smeliot - in general you'll have a night, day, and total reading!

We love a good meter pic, so feel free to share in case it's the same as @Aud306