Skip to main content

How long does it take OVO to tell you the result of one of these events ?  

Think i usually get an email 3 days later. Be nice if there was something in the ovo account to tell you though 

I think it is only a couple of days. if you have achieved the upcoming op in event. they let you know. if you was successful or not.

Hi @DuncanL I just received my Power Move Plus Update (result) today for the event on Tues 12th.

I took part yesterday and was just wondering if it was worthwhile doing today’s event but have had nothing from OVO about yesterday - from replies, it doesn't look as if I will for a few days yet.

It might be worth it. up to you if you op into day or not.

Nothing to lose, I don’t suppose. Looking at yesterday’s usage breakdown on App, I probably saved more than 1 kWh.

Well l have opted in for todays one. so let’s hope l achieve target but if l don’t can’t be helped. not using big appliances at all at moment.

If you hear nothing about a Power Move event from OVO does that mean you haven’t reach target ?  OVO confirmed a couple of days ago that I was successful in gaining credit last Thursday (14 th) but have still heard nothing about the following day’s event.

No. On average, you’ll hear back within 48 hours regardless of whether you won or not.

You will NOT hear anything however, if you didn’t sign up at all, or signed up too late.

I definitely signed into it and got confirmation altho’ I did sign in very near the time limit. I got notification of Thursday’s success on Monday but nothing yet for Friday.  The target was much lower for Friday so I wouldn’t have gained much anyway.

I suspect you might have been a bit too late in that case I’m afraid. It’s best to opt-in as early as possible to make sure you’re definitely in.

I’m sure I got a confirmatory message after I clicked the button to opt in but I have been sure of lots of things in life and been proved wrong !  we’ll see what happens tonight.

Well l did yesterday opt in don’t know if l achieved that or not. have to see if l was successful. l do usually opt in for the hour ones. find them easy then trying to cut down through the week.

Hey @DuncanL did you get your email update yet?

No, but I think I might have been too late in joining.  I have since noticed that if you click on the opt-in button you always get a message saying “Congratulations You Are In” (I can't remember the exact wording) even if you are way too late.  Perhaps OVO should ask their IT people if the button on the e-mail can tell you that you are too late if you have missed the time.

There might be one coming up you never know. maybe tomorrow who knows. just wait and see. l usually opt in if it is convenient.

There is nothing to lose by taking part but there have been a couple of events recently when the notice given was only two or three hours and that’s not counting the time lost before you actually notice the email and read it.

Sometimes l don’t always look at emails then and there come in from work and might have missed one. because their was a little while ago that their was an opt in. and l was working so couldn’t do that one.

Sometimes l don’t always look at emails then and there come in from work and might have missed one. because their was a little while ago that their was an opt in. and l was working so couldn’t do that one.

If you are interested you can sign up directly with the Nation Grid ESO for alerts. Then you will know at exactly the same time as suppliers and even before OVO have submitted their bids.

https://www.nationalgrideso.com/industry-information/balancing-services/demand-flexibility-service-dfs#Data-Portal

Hi. I also signed up for Fri 15th and have heard nothing back buy I have heard back about Tues 19th.

It's a bit of a coincidence so I wonder if they haven't sent out the emails about Friday 15th.

Has anyone else who subscribed to that one heard back?

Snap, i have had 19th results today but still not got 15th results and i opted in straight away and confirmed i was in.

I still haven’t heard anything about 15th but I did figure out why I haven't heard about 19th - I saw the e-mail very late, didn’t read it properly, assumed it was for the next day and then participated on the 20th !!!   

Are we likely to get any Power move Plus energy savings events this month.

Well you never know. We might do just have to wait and see.

I just got email to say l hit my target for 15th of December for the hour opt in. well that is something not much 57 p better than nothing. they did say don’t forget to look out for the next one.