Solved

I'm still being charged for some usage, is my battery set up correctly?

• 14 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I had 10 solar panels and a battery installed a couple of months ago. I’ve an app which tells me how much energy is being collected, stored, sent to the grid, etc. But I notice I’m still being charged by my supplier for some electricity used. It’s not a lot - about a kw a day, but at this time of the year I’m not using much energy. Meanwhile up to 20 kw are being sent to the grid. Is this as it should be or is it possible that my battery settings are not right? If so what should I do? 

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 14 September 2023, 17:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @emjay964 , it will depend on your system and settings but it’s quite usual for a small amount of electricity to be consumed from the grid even with solar panels and batteries. 
The house needs instant power when things are switched on and the electronic control can’t always keep up with the speed of what’s required, so the difference is fed from the grid. There’s also the standing charge which remains of course. With the amount that’s being exported, just make sure that your batteries are being fully charged with any excess first