Solved

£66 government energy bills support scheme deducted from my OVO account balance not added?

Show first post

655 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yup, it’ll be back in your bank account within five working days. :)

1st £66 - I had the £66 deducted from my bill an then 2 days later £66 was paid into my bank account by OVO and the the £66 was added to my OVO bill?  Anybody else have this I presume to £400 = 2 x £66 + 4 x £67 would be deducted from my bill each month not paid to my bank account and added to my bill?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @sugarboat ,

Not quite. The £400 EBSS discount is actually a rebate back to your bank account in most cases where a Direct Debit is active. OVO just pays it to your OVO account balance first for transparency reasons (so you and OVO’s Support Team can see it) and because it’s ultimately the only way OVO can fling money back into your bank account.

This also means the same delivery method can be used for both Direct Debit and on-demand customers, rather than having to do two completely different methods.

You’ve actually had a £66 Bill Credit this month to make up for it and counteract the removed funds so in actual fact, it all balances out. You are right with the numbers though.

Check the Charges in Detail section! You should see what I mean. :)

Thank you. Malcolm

I was justwondering the reason for this. Went on to my account to see £66 had been added and then - £66 which threw me, so thank you for brining this question up and also to malcombe for answering. 

I have not received my grant 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Sit tight @Andrea Mills  - you will !

It’ll go into your OVO account after your Direct Debit is paid in (assuming that’s how you pay). It’ll appear in OVO then be swept out to your bank account. It’ll take a few days to clear.

I have received a support of £66 within my charges.

However the statement of account shows the £66 added back on such that charges + refund - £66 out equates on statement to full charges without refund.

This government support is effectively given and taken away.

I wasred 55 minutes on the phone without any success

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @Robdon !

If you’re paying by Direct Debit, the money is intended to go back to your bank account. You’ll have it within five working days and may spend it however you wish. Alternatively, you’re definitely welcome to pay it back into your OVO account instead or donate it to a charity of your choice.

If you want a good charity to donate it to, try https://www.nea.org.uk/

Hi I’m on a smart meter we’re I top up by card 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Gotcha!

If you’re on Smart Meters in Prepayment Mode, EBSS will be delivered to the Electricity meter automatically each month. It will show up as part of the meter credit once delivered and I think you’ll be notified as well.

If the meters aren’t in communication, you’ll get a voucher instead.

Apologies for still being confused. I pad my normal direct debit of £160 this month but when I look online it looks as if the £66 has reduced my existing credit balance. I have not received any payments into my bank account. Please see below 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Check your Charges too @Marierob ! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Apologies for still being confused. I pad my normal direct debit of £160 this month but when I look online it looks as if the £66 has reduced my existing credit balance. I have not received any payments into my bank account. Please see below 

It will take a few days for the 66 to appear in your bank account now you can see it on your balance charge.

What if ur behind your eltric bye 47 pounds will I still not get my 67 refund how doss it work 

Thank you @Blastoise186 and @Jeffus I understand now

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You’re welcome @Marierob . If you need us again, stop by anytime and we’ll see what we can do. :)

Also, @Elly welcome by the way. I’ve just seen your question, so could you check your thread for my response please?

Nt69, this is exactly my question. 
Im in the same situation with high credit balance
People on meters or token are being given these as vouchers or free topups, whereas we are being giving our own money back. Surely if we are to be be given our share we should have our refunds but our balances shouldn’t show as a decremented. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Surely if we are to be be given our share we should have our refunds but our balances shouldn’t show as a decremented. 

Congratulations! You just granted yourself a license to print money from nowhere!

That’s not actually how it works though.

Yes, a refund does get triggered which knocks £66 out of your balance, but it’s also cancelled out by a £66 Account/Bill CREDIT, like in this example below. The second refund was triggered manually by me, so please disregard that one.

As a result, you are NOT refunding your own money. You are refunding the EBSS money from the government.

How did you trigger a second one? As this doesnt show on mine  

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Try scrolling down further. :)

Userlevel 7

Hey @lee.b,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community. 

If you are on the App, try checking the Online Account. View the full billing summary and ‘charges in detail’ you’ll see it there 😃

I am lost now . When do you get 67.00 payment is it the day you pay your direct debit ?

and if you are on universal credit. Do I have to claim 140.00 warm home discount or not ? 

sorry if these questions have been answered 🤪

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @westsidelodge ,

The £66/67 will be paid automatically back to your bank account a few working days after the Direct Debit goes through - usually within 10 working days tops.

As for the WHD, you’ll get that automatically if you qualify, no application or manual claim required.

Got it , Thank you for prompt answer.