Solved

Where's my final refund?

Show first post

35 replies

Userlevel 1

Well another week has gone by with absolutely nothing from Ovo.

Forum support have provided me with an explanation that there was a gap in the billing for gas which is very odd as Ovo continued to take the monthly direct debit each month and there was a very healthy credit balance on the account.

And if this is the reason, then why can’t Ovo just work out what the small amount of missing charge is, put that on a final bill and send the credit?  Surely it doesn’t take 4 months and counting to complete this simple task?

I think I am resigned to having to take this to the ombudsman.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Well another week has gone by with absolutely nothing from Ovo.

Forum support have provided me with an explanation that there was a gap in the billing for gas which is very odd as Ovo continued to take the monthly direct debit each month and there was a very healthy credit balance on the account.

And if this is the reason, then why can’t Ovo just work out what the small amount of missing charge is, put that on a final bill and send the credit?  Surely it doesn’t take 4 months and counting to complete this simple task?

I think I am resigned to having to take this to the ombudsman.

Have forum support given any idea when they will be able to provide the final bill? 

Userlevel 7
Badge

Does anyone have any similar experiences with Ovo, including going to the Ombudsman, and if so how long did the process take ...

I recently went through the Ombudsman procedure for a completely different reason (an account problem that didn’t involve money), but the process seems to be well designed and should lead to a satisfactory resolution in time.

It’s a ping-pong game that you have to keep an eye on so you don’t drop the ball: your complaint is copied to OVO, who have a few days to respond. You then have a few days to react and so on until both sides have said everything there is to be said, at which point the case handler makes his decision. Both sides can appeal if they disagree with the decision and so it goes on, but in my case from my initial approach to the Ombudsman service to their final decision (in my favour) took in all less than four weeks.  Energy Ombudsman (ombudsman-services.org) 

I chose from the very beginning of this saga to do everything in writing, however hard OVO staff tried to engage with me by telephone. This may have helped my case along, because it made it so much simpler to submit the supporting evidence. I can’t imagine how difficult it would be to document what was allegedly said by either party during a phone call.  

Userlevel 7

@edandsuet yep drop another private message into the Forum_Support inbox, so they can support you in chasing up that complaint. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@edandsuet

If you feel the ovo complaints team are not doing a good job you can contact the OVO CEO Team. 

He has put the email on the OVO website

Raman-feedback@ovoenergy.com

Userlevel 1

Thanks Jeffus, I hadn’t spotted this, and have emailed them this morning.

Userlevel 1

FYI, the 2 links have different email addresses.

The other one is Raman-complaints@ovoenergy.com

I have emailed both.

I am having a god awful time with ovo energy. I have ombudsman involved , which remedies set out from ombudsman were accepted by ovo. I received a letter from Lisa Walsh advanced resolution adviser! I have a credit of over £1, 000. I have asked for a refund , because I am key meter , it be a cheque, which be 10 working days. I have fought for nearly 2 weeks to get what's rightfully mine!   I have gave every reading on the display of my meter!  Each request for refund has been declined, as need validation!  Which it's been validated!   Lisa Walsh will not converse with me atall, passed from piller to post!  I have been  fighting with ovonsince August 23.  They are absolutely disgusting to deal with, will not pass me to relevant department to resolve the matter.   I have emailed the ceo department of ovo, and emailed daily record! I've had enough of this company,and how it treats customers 

Userlevel 6

Hi @Jesslynn 73 

I’m really sorry to hear about this.

I’m going to have our Forum_Support reach out to you to help with this matter. Look out for a PM here soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

Userlevel 1

Hi Jess

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having.  It is awful when you feel powerless to get anywhere despite having done everything you possibly can and know that you are in the right.

I was really grateful for the help of Forum_Support and after emailing the CEO on the email above, Raman-complaints@ovoenergy.com I did receive a reply within just a couple of days, and received my final balance refund of over £2000 a couple of weeks later, some 6 months after moving house.

I would strongly advise contacting the above email address laying out all of the details with dates of communication etc. as clearly as possible.  It might take you an hour or so to pull all of the information together and present it clearly and chronologically, but hopefully the team that responds to the CEO email address have more options available to them to enable them to resolve your issue.

I often found the customer support people I spoke to at OVO agreed with me and wanted to help, but were also powerless to do anything themselves.

Good Luck

Ed.