Solved

How do I get this OVO energy warmer home plan?

• 22 January 2024
  • 9 replies

This is taken from my latest bill

I am moving home, can i stay on this tariff?

Is OVO still offering this tariff?

Electricity meter
Our cheapest similar electricity plan
OVO Energy Warmer Home Plan 01 January 2024 Direct Debit
You are already on our cheapest similar plan**
icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 24 January 2024, 10:56

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Dsmithp , normally when you move into a property you take up the current supplier. Once done, you can then switch if not with your preferred supplier

Hi @Dsmithp , normally when you move into a property you take up the current supplier. Once done, you can then switch if not with your preferred supplier

thanks - it’s the tariff i am interested in - does ovo still do it? - they were not offering it to me just now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As far as I know, their prices and plans are here https://plans.ovoenergy.com/

they depend on region

As far as I know, their prices and plans are here https://plans.ovoenergy.com/

they depend on region

Warmer Home Plan - 01/01/2024 - 

can see it - thanks - wonder why they only offer certain plans?

Userlevel 7

I’ll try and find out more about this plan @Dsmithp. I wonder if it’s for customers who are the recipients of warm home discount? 

I’ll try and find out more about this plan @Dsmithp. I wonder if it’s for customers who are the recipients of warm home discount? 

yes please - i was on it, and on low income, and on benefits - thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge

I used to be on the Warmer Home Plan, until a cheaper fixed deal came along. I’m now on the Simpler Energy standard variable tariff, but I still see WHP on the Our prices page. The rates are identical to the SVT, so no relief for the needy there.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 02/02/24 by Abby_OVO

Hey @Dsmithp,

I did manage to get a response:

We only offer it to customers eligible for the WHD in scheme years 6, 7 or 8, they are charged Direct Debit simpler variable rates, regardless of their payment method (even if they pay on demand).

Its not ALL Warm Home Discount customers. Only those who were eligible at that time.

Which makes sense as to why some see it and others don’t. 

In case anyone’s wondering, WHD scheme year 6 was 2016-17, year 7 2017-18 and 8 2018-19. We are currently (January 2023) in scheme year 13 (1 April 2023 - 31 March 2024): Warm Home Discount (WHD) | Ofgem

Userlevel 7
Badge

… customers eligible for the WHD in scheme years 6, 7 or 8, ...

In case anyone’s wondering, WHD scheme year 6 was 2016-17, year 7 2017-18 and 8 2018-19. We are currently (January 2023) in scheme year 13 (1 April 2023 - 31 March 2024): Warm Home Discount (WHD) | Ofgem