Skip to main content

Hello All,

Yet more smart meter and connectivity issues. My smart meter had been working perfectly for months and then last Sunday stopped sending any readings to the mother ship. It still sends to my home device and I can get readings, they just aren't being sent to OVO (or picked up by OVO) and nothing is showing on the Hugo app 

​​​​​Has anyone had their connectivity just stop without explanation before. I know it sometimes goes but it has been a week. The man at OVO said I needed to have 30 days off before they looked into it but that seems excessive??!

​​​​​If something similar happened to you, how did it all resolve itself??

Thanks for any input 

A while ago, a few lost their meter connection due to a faulty update. Most we’ve heard from now have things back in place but I found reporting missing data to Hugo (or Hildebrand if you have the Bright app) dug into the issue. 
Your connection to the IHD is via a different link to that for the main data feed the supplier uses (goes via DCC)

Thanks have messaged Hugo. Fingers crossed.

This has started to get some results but the issue today is that the gas data has showed up but it says that there is no meter reading.  Does anyone know why there may be a discrepency?

It’s too early in the day yet - try again after 4pm.

When you look at data for gas, it takes a while for the calculations needed to convert from cubic metres to kWh (which needs a calorific value only published after the event).

Often your gas data (unless estimated) will not show until later the day after the usage

Hey @Michael1696 

BPLightlog has given a really helpful explanation here. Just wanted to add the following which you might find interesting: