Solved

Failed smart meter installation, what next?

Booked a smart meter installation several months ago and an engineer turned up for the appointment. After an initial survey he advised that smart meters could not be fitted in my house because the existing meters were not separated. He then advised that a kit was available to sort this problem but to date I’ve had no follow up.
can anyone advise?.
Clive

icon

Best answer by Amy_OVO 19 June 2019, 15:42

Sorry to hear we've yet to be in touch, @Clive.

There will be an engineer report attached to your account our team will need to access this prior to making a new booking.

Please give our team a call on: 0330 303 5063 Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday, they'll be able to look into this for you.

I hope this helps ☺

Update 19/05/2020

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 6

Sorry to hear we've yet to be in touch, @Clive.

There will be an engineer report attached to your account our team will need to access this prior to making a new booking.

Please give our team a call on: 0330 303 5063 Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday, they'll be able to look into this for you.

I hope this helps ☺

Update 19/05/2020

I booked to have smart meters fitted about a year ago, sadly when the installer turned up he took one look at the meter box Redrow had installed on my new build and said they couldn’t fit their smart meters into them. Does anyone know if that issue has been fixed yet?
Userlevel 6
I've popped you post here, @Gsmithdsl, you'll need to contact our team for further help, on the above number.

Thanks!
I thought we lost the “online only discount” or whatever it’s called if we phoned OVO?
Userlevel 6
Not in this instance, @Gsmithdsl.

If you needed to get in touch about something you're not able to do online, or you can't find the answer to on our website, then you wouldn't run the risk of losing the reward.

You can find more information about the Self Service reward here.

Hope this helps!

New smart meter fitted 2/12/19 it took all day but they were unable to complete. A week later needed to call emergency has fitter out due to a faulty part being fitted. Now nearly two months later still awaiting completion. OVO don't reply to emails would like to no when the job will be finished! Is this normal?

Userlevel 6

Sorry to hear you haven’t had a response to your email, @StevieO, have you checked your junk folder just in case the email has been filtered into there?

If not, give the team a call on 0330 303 5063 to get this sorted, they’re available Monday-Friday 8ma-6pm.

I was told it would only take 2 hours to fit but your engineer was here all day and it still isn't finished. Also had to call out an emergency gas fitter a week later to replace a faulty leaking part.  On top of this OVO have failed to answer any email satisfactorily.  So no I won't be phoning as you suggest. Might try LAMB (Look after my bills) has anyone tried them?

Userlevel 6

Sorry to hear this, @StevieO, so that we can help with this as quickly as possible, please send our team a message on Facebook, Twitter.

Thanks! 

Done that and they were unable to help. Very poor.

Userlevel 6

I’m surprised to hear this, @StevieO, I’d recommend calling the team on the number advised by Eva. 

No point OVO seem unwilling or unable to help. Absolutely ridiculous can't think of another service that has no control over the engineers it pay to do a job. OVO can't even hazard a guess at when this will be completed