Competence

• 10 May 2023
  • 6 replies

I’m afraid I have nothing positive or supportive to say about OVO in any way, shape or form. I won’t go in to the detail as I don’t have the time or the spirit right now. Suffice to say that they have been unable to sort out a range of issues (related to meter readings and bills) for a vulnerable friend of mine who is an OVO account holder.  This saga has been going on for five months.

In all my years of dealing with service industries I’ve never seen (or heard) such an ineffective and inefficient organisation. 

Why is OVO so inefficient and ineffective?

Why can’t OVO actually see the problem and solve the problem? They have all the information.

Why can’t they respond to two complaints I’ve written?

Why can’t they prioritise this problem as the acct holder is (allegedly) on the Priority Service Register and the case has been escalated?

Why can’t I reach the decision makers or get a senior input on the phone?

An absolute disgrace and shambles.

When is you next external independent Audit? You need to sort yourselves out for that, pronto!  

Can I speak to a customer relationship manager?

6 replies

It would appear that you’ve never had to deal with British Gas! They usually win prizes for incompetence and chaotic systems. Sorry to see that OVO is challenging them. Hope you get sorted.

Thanks for the warning! 😯

Userlevel 7
Badge

That’s not nice to hear, but sadly you’re far from alone.

You posted a few weeks ago asking how best to go about getting help. You were given some good advice which you followed, and some that you apparently didn’t: “You are more than welcome to post details of the issues, obviously without personal information. There is a pool of very experienced OVO customers on the forum who can sometimes help, offer advice or signpost information.”

Those experienced users are still here, on hand to give help and support to the extent they are able. No-one in the forum can access customers’ accounts, let alone manipulate them, but it’s often possible to spot what’s gone wrong and why without needing that access. I suggest you consider sharing the details of the problem you’re facing so we can at least see where it’s arising. If you decide to do this, please start a new thread with a meaningful title so this one can remain open for comments about competence 😉

Thank you Firedog. I’m not sure what advice I was given that I didn’t follow? I think it’s great that there are OVO customers out there who can sometimes help but personally I don’t think they can help in my scenario. I’ve done everything in my power. It’s up to OVO to join the dots. I’m afraid I’m not going to describe the details of this case as ultimately it will make no difference. OVO has the action now to escalate the issue and as far as I’m concerned I’ve had a personal promise from an account manager that it will get resolved. I have little faith in that promise. I simply think that senior management don’t really have a clue about the entirety of the problem at helpdesk level in OVO. If there are any OVO customers out there who can tell me how to connect with the senior decision makers then that would be most helpful.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’m afraid I have nothing positive or supportive to say about OVO in any way, shape or form. I won’t go in to the detail as I don’t have the time or the spirit right now. Suffice to say that they have been unable to sort out a range of issues (related to meter readings and bills) for a vulnerable friend of mine who is an OVO account holder.  This saga has been going on for five months.

In all my years of dealing with service industries I’ve never seen (or heard) such an ineffective and inefficient organisation. 

Why is OVO so inefficient and ineffective?

Why can’t OVO actually see the problem and solve the problem? They have all the information.

Why can’t they respond to two complaints I’ve written?

Why can’t they prioritise this problem as the acct holder is (allegedly) on the Priority Service Register and the case has been escalated?

Why can’t I reach the decision makers or get a senior input on the phone?

An absolute disgrace and shambles.

When is you next external independent Audit? You need to sort yourselves out for that, pronto!  

Can I speak to a customer relationship manager?

Hi @BrucePhillips I suggested you raise a formal complaint the last time you posted about a month ago. Is that the date you raised it?

If so keep an eye out for when the 8  weeks is up so you can ask the Energy Ombudsmen for help. You can try asking OVO for a deadlock letter before the 8 weeks is up, no guarantee they will issue that. 

You mentioned meter readings. It can take the Energy Industry over 12 weeks for a formal  "meter reading dispute" to go through the process with the 3rd party if that is needed. Obviously we don't know the issues you are talking about, but if that process wasn't kicked off by OVO until after your complaint was raised, there may still be a couple of months to go. I just use that as an example of industry timescales. Obviously i don’t know if they apply as you don't want to share any details which is absolutely fine.

The OVO moderators read every post, and reply to many but not all, and don't have access to your account. This is primarily a forum for customers helping each other. 

You could try posting on the OVO Facebook or Twitter feed for a personal response. Both are official OVO Support channels and the OVO staff their have access to accounts unlike here. 

https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy

I suspect you will have to wait for the complaint process now. I assume you have a case number and named case handler to interact with. Have you asked them your question about a Customer Relationship Manager? 

​​​​​Hope you get things sorted. 

​​​​

Most helpful advice, thank you very much indeed!