Solved

I'm still waiting for a gas smart meter due to a medium pressure supply - who can I contact?

• 13 June 2018
  • 7 replies

We had an engineer come round to fit gas and electricity smart meters. He couldn't fit the gas one, because the supply was the wrong pressure.

He promised an engineer would come within 2-3 months. Or so.

More than a year has elapsed. Who do I speak to?
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 15 June 2018, 12:47

I'm sorry you've been waiting so long, @Pottsy

A medium pressure gas supply requires a Senior Meter Technician (SMT) engineer that's been through specific training. Medium pressure supplies are so rare which is why not all engineers are trained in them - only SMTs get the skillset.

We have a waiting list we send off to the engineers so they can call customers to book an appointment when they have an SMT in the area. So we can check you're on this list, send us a PM on Facebook with your full name, DoB and account number - https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy.

Cheers,
Emma
View original

7 replies

I'm sorry you've been waiting so long, @Pottsy

A medium pressure gas supply requires a Senior Meter Technician (SMT) engineer that's been through specific training. Medium pressure supplies are so rare which is why not all engineers are trained in them - only SMTs get the skillset.

We have a waiting list we send off to the engineers so they can call customers to book an appointment when they have an SMT in the area. So we can check you're on this list, send us a PM on Facebook with your full name, DoB and account number - https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy.

Cheers,
Emma
Still waiting....
Userlevel 4
Have you got in contact with our Customer Care team about this, @Pottsy?

We can check if you're on the waiting list, just send the team an email on hello@ovoenergy.com, or message us on Facebook or Twitter.
Just done that, and yes I am still on the waiting list.
My meter is apparently a "medium pressure" meter. Seems to be a problem to most installers. Can OVO fit a new medium pressure gas meter????
And how long will it take, I se people on your forum have been waiting a year or more. This is a deal breaker for me.......
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @Vinegarjoe - I've just moved your post to this topic about medium pressure meters. Unfortunately the wait for a specially trained engineer can be quite long. Relatively speaking we're still a fairly small energy company. In the interests of being honest and transparent, you may find that larger suppliers have a greater capacity to exchange them than we do.

Thanks,
Nancy
Good luck with this one! I have been waiting over a year now and have been strung along appointment by appointment, the siemans contractor has kindly informed us after the 4th appointment that they can't even do medium pressure meter installations!!!

I was waiting on a appointment last Thursday the siemans guy arrived and left as he couldn't do medium pressure, so I contacted ovo, and a appointment was booked for today, and the same siemans engineer turned up!!!

Wasted days and only a half hearted apology!