Solved

Need to re-set location on Charge Anytime App

• 20 November 2023
  • 14 replies

When charging at home the app is showing charging away from home. 
I think I didn’t set the location correctly in the app. But there is no way to change it in the app. 
any suggestions??

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 20 November 2023, 10:52

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated on 20/02/24 by Abby_OVO

Howdy @PAUEVANS !

Yup, there is a fix for this. Ping an email over to smarthome@ovoenergy.com and the team can help you fix this. It’s deliberately not self-service to help prevent abuse of the system if memory serves, but legitimate mistakes are definitely something you’re allowed to fix.

Just as a tip, try to get the pin as close as possible to your house. :)

Hope this helps!

We’ve got a similar topic on EV & Charge Anytime location that may also be helpful:

We’ve also got some other super handy topics all about setting up a compatible EV or Smart Charger with Charger:

Thank you very much. I’ve sent and email so fingers crossed cheers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Np. Once it’s done you’ll be able to use the app to set the location again. They’ll let you know once that’s possible.

Userlevel 7

Hey @PAUEVANS,

Keep us posted if you have any issues. 

@Emmanuelle_OVO thank you I will. 
they emailed me yesterday saying it had been passed to the technical team to reset the pin. 
so I’m just waiting for the App to notify me to charge the location. 

Userlevel 7

Good to hear! 😊 any problems please pop back.

@Emmanuelle_OVO  No sign of the pin reset yet :-(

Userlevel 7

I’ll reach out to the smart home team @PAUEVANS 

Userlevel 7

I flagged it to the smart home team and they have advised the request has been picked up and they’ll try and get round to it quicker 😊 Gentle push in the right direction! 

@Emmanuelle_OVO  Thank you so much! 🙏😊

@Emmanuelle_OVO @Blastoise186  both thank you. OVO reset the pin today and after locating it right on my drive it it’s now smart charging my car. 
I think they could improve the app so say give you 2 attempts around the same postcode as your energy address before locking. That way it’ll cut down the amount of admin the team have to reseting it. Just my thoughts :-)

Hi,

My charge anytime app says my car is charging away from home, when it’s charging at home. I’m guessing this may be a location issue within the app and I need to reset this? 

how do I go about resetting this? 

thanks in advance 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Lydia141 ,

Sorry about that! This can indeed be done, but you’ll need to get the Charge Anytime team to help you. Can you ping them an email via chargeanytime@ovo.com please? Someone there will reset the location settings and the next time you open the app after that, you can set the location again.

Please try to be as accurate as possible - trust me when I say it will help you a lot if you do!

Thanks Blastoise186

ive emailed, hopefully won’t take as long as it has for others to be resolved.