Tutorial

Did you know only scheduled charges get Charge Anytime credit?

• 15 December 2023
  • 10 replies
Did you know only scheduled charges get Charge Anytime credit?
Userlevel 7

If you have a compatible smart charger

To benefit from Charge Anytime rates with your smart charger, you need to schedule the charge. This is so we know when the car battery needs to be charged for, and can choose the best, greenest time to do it. You set the schedule in the charger manufacturer’s app. 

If you ‘Urgent Charge’ through the app, or boost charge using an eligible charger you won’t earn Charge Anytime credit.

You can override your smart charging schedule at any time. This will let you top-up quickly when you need to, at your standard home electricity rate. The next time you charge, you’ll automatically go back to your smart charging schedule.

If you have a compatible vehicle

You’ll need to download the Charge Anytime app (for Android here, for Apple here). In the Charge Anytime app you set the ‘Ready By’ time that you want the car to be fully charged by. Then you plug your car in and leave it until that time. It’s because we know when the car needs to be ready by, that we can offer the 7p/kWh rate. 

What if I need an urgent charge?

If you need the car to be fully charged as soon as possible, you can select ‘Urgent Charge’ in the Charge Anytime app. This would skip using Charge Anytime and just charge the car as quickly as possible, but at your normal unit rate. 

Check out the Charge Anytime FAQs or Charge Anytime page for more information. 

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Unless the charge is really, really urgent I would try setting the “Ready by” time to say 90 minutes ahead.  This has worked for me, but i’ve got a PHEV so its not such a pressing issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Unless the charge is really, really urgent I would try setting the “Ready by” time to say 90 minutes ahead.  This has worked for me, but i’ve got a PHEV so its not such a pressing issue.

Yesterday for the first time this didn’t work - I guess because the weather was cold, dull and still so there wasn’t so much renewable energy about.  The OVO app showed “High Carbon” for the next 12 hours on the “How green is the grid?” pane on the Usage tab - That’s the first time I’ve seen that.

Badge

Just a query

I have just got a Jeep Avenger (It is not compatible with the app). I am unable to schedule through the Jeep App at present - Jeep know there is a fault but it is awaiting update. I have scheduled a charge through my Ohme Home Pro - Not a boost charge.

Will this come under charge anytime or not as I am totally confused to be fair?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Just a query

I have just got a Jeep Avenger (It is not compatible with the app). I am unable to schedule through the Jeep App at present - Jeep know there is a fault but it is awaiting update. I have scheduled a charge through my Ohme Home Pro - Not a boost charge.

If the Charger is correctly hooked up to Charge Anytime, yup that would indeed count. But the Charger MUST be set up correctly first, otherwise no credits will be issued.

For the purposes of Charge Anytime, please also disable any scheduled charging in the EV and exclusively do it via the Charger, otherwise you’ll get clashes.

Badge

Just a query

If the Charger is correctly hooked up to Charge Anytime, yup that would indeed count. But the Charger MUST be set up correctly first, otherwise no credits will be issued.

For the purposes of Charge Anytime, please also disable any scheduled charging in the EV and exclusively do it via the Charger, otherwise you’ll get clashes.

Hiya - Thanks for response

There are no scheduled charges in app for car as it wont link them at the minute. The charge anytime has recognised and accepted the link to the charger.

My only concern was that I had this message prior to first charge which is set up for tonight - I am hoping it will recognise and provide data once the scheduled charge commences? Fingers crossed it all seems very complicated to be honest and def more so than I was led to believe

Charger data error

Your charger isn’t sending us your charging data, which means you won’t get Charge Anytime credit for this period. If you’ve charged at least once and don’t see any data here, there could be a charger data error.

To get back on track, please make sure that your EV is plugged in, you’ve set your ready by time, and your charger is online. If your data is still not appearing here, get in touch with your charger manufacturer:

Ohme: help@ohme-ev.com or on 020 3375 1586.

Indra: support@indra.co.uk or 01684 770 631.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m reading between the lines in your question -

I have a Renault that I use with Charge Anytime.  The info in the Renault app regarding scheduled charges bears no relation to what is set in the Charge Anytime app (despite me not setting any scheduled charges so Charge Anytime must be doing it).  I used to work in IT and hate when I don’t understand what’s going on so I have t o stop myself constantly comparing what’s going on in the two apps.  

Badge

I’m reading between the lines in your question -

I have a Renault that I use with Charge Anytime.  The info in the Renault app regarding scheduled charges bears no relation to what is set in the Charge Anytime app (despite me not setting any scheduled charges so Charge Anytime must be doing it).  I used to work in IT and hate when I don’t understand what’s going on so I have t o stop myself constantly comparing what’s going on in the two apps.  

To be honest it is a little frustrating (Understatement intended)

I have managed to work a solution  - So Jeep app is pants and does not work. Car not recognised by Charge Anytime app also pants. Have managed to schedule through the Ohme app and it appears to have worked and registered with credit back logged so looks to have worked!! (I will just have to be vigilant and monitor  - Makes a bit of a mockery of the supposed ease of it all) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you have a compatible Charger, we’ve always recommended you use that rather than the EV - and that you schedule ALL charging via the charger app rather than the Charge Anytime app.

If you try to do both, you will have a painful experience.

Badge

If you have a compatible Charger, we’ve always recommended you use that rather than the EV - and that you schedule ALL charging via the charger app rather than the Charge Anytime app.

If you try to do both, you will have a painful experience.

I appreciate it thanks and will def go that route to avoid any issues and hey while it’s working it’s working….

Thanks again

The app is set up to charge overnight, and for a while that worked fine. But now it seems to start charging early in the morning, around 5 or 6 am and promises me it’ll be fully charged by 7.00 am the next day. I’ve done nothing to change anything, but I don’t know what to do to get it back to working as it did. Be glad of any advice. Thanks