Solved

Why was I sent notification on Simpler price changes - my fixed plan ends on October 10th?

• 27 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Why is OVO saying my plan ends on October 1st when it doesn't need renewing till the 10th? Is it advisable to submit meter readings on September 30th for everyone, though and what will this do? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 29 August 2022, 12:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Technophobe ,

I’m afraid you won’t be able to renew the plan onto anything other than Simpler Energy for the time being, as OVO has had to pause selling all fixed rate plans until further notice due to the high prices.

If you have a working smart meter, you do not need to submit meter readings at all - OVO will figure everything out for you. Either way, the billing platform will do its best to calculate what usage applies to what rates but submitting regular meter readings will make the job easier and the calculations far more accurate - and by regular I definitely mean more than once every three months!!!

Userlevel 2

Haha, yes! I do have a SMART meter so that's one less thing to worry about, but why does OVO want my plan renewed on October 1st when it's good till the 10th? Thanks.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 28/09/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO: 

For up to date information about the current price cap please head to our website. Or check out this helpful FAQ to find out more about how this may impact you and what support is available:

Your plan’s end date will be specified here:

https://account.ovoenergy.com/plan

When it expires, you’ll roll onto the variable plan called Simpler. The prices for this change on the 1st October. That’s why you were given notice of the price change. 

Hope that makes sense!