Solved

Why is my online account credit balance dropping every day?

Show first post

196 replies

I moved in this house in November paid my bill I was due to the 20th December when Januarys bill came I was still in credit white them I was told to do my first meter reading on Friday I was checking my credit every day and when I done my meter reading on Friday I was still 130 in credit then checked it today now 71 in debt   I will see if I can show you am not to good with technology things ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

https://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Userlevel 7

Hey @Nicky66,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

We have a live billing system, so when you submit a meter reading your account balance will update accordingly. We have a great FAQ on this topic:

If you didn’t submit a meter reading from the date you moved into the property, I’d advise making sure that the estimate used to open your account is in line with the recently submitted reading.

Hope this helps. 

I was on a live billing on my phone I can’t understand how I can be 130 in credit one day next day after meter reading am 71 in debt  I watch the credit go down each day I understand that because I used gas and electricity but to wipe it all off and put me in debt now I don’t understand that part ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I was on a live billing on my phone I can’t understand how I can be 130 in credit one day next day after meter reading am 71 in debt  I watch the credit go down each day I understand that because I used gas and electricity but to wipe it all off and put me in debt now I don’t understand that part ? 

@Nicky66 

Is it a £66 Energy Bill Support Scheme payment going from your OVO account to your bank account? 

No my government money goes straight to them 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Nicky66,

It sounds to me like you submitted a meter reading and your account balance adjusted accordingly. If your reading was higher than the previous estimates your account balance would change in this way.

We have a live billing system, so when you submit a meter reading your account balance will update accordingly. We have a great FAQ on this topic:

If you didn’t submit a meter reading from the date you moved into the property, I’d advise making sure that the estimate used to open your account is in line with the recently submitted reading.

Support will be able to give you more information as they’ll have access to your account. 

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

I need help I gave my meter reading yesterday and my bill came up at £129 I have checked today and now it's saying £216 I don't understand also I only paid £105 last month

Userlevel 7

Hey @Scrowe,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

It can take 24-48 hours for an account balance to update following a meter readings submission. We have a great FAQ on this topic which might be helpful:

Hello everyone, im a customer who pays the bill monthly on time, but how could i know whether i could have a debt? 

The second one is in case if i do not pay bill for one month, whether the bill this will be accumulated in the bill next month?

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Jamespham ,

As long as your balance in MyOVO is at least £0 (or ideally at least £1) after you pay the bill each month, you should be good to go.

If you fail to pay by the due date, the bill becomes a debt and you will likely be chased up for late payment. It’s strongly recommended to pay on-time every time to avoid this.

Hi @Blastoise186  thanks for your advice, but in my case my former electricity supplier last year was SSE, and from Jan of this year it has changed to OVO. In that case how could i know whether i have a debt with SSE?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Blastoise186  thanks for your advice, but in my case my former electricity supplier last year was SSE, and from Jan of this year it has changed to OVO. In that case how could i know whether i have a debt with SSE?

Thanks

Your change of forum ID is confusing .. but any debt with SSE would transfer over to OVO. Have you checked your final and start meter readings?

@BPLightlog yeb i checked it 

i mean the final reading of SSE on 19/ Jan is much different with the opening reading on 20/Jan of VOV (about 4000 Kw) , so im wondering whether there may be a debt that i need to pay because of the gap, and it has no sense at all

@BPLightlog in fact, i have called them so many time about this problem, but no one picked up the line. Despite the fact that the final bills they send still has reasonable price, but im worrying if there is a big gap like the one i mentioned above whether they are going to charge me later or leave me a debt.

OVO don't know what they're doing in customer service or the change over of supplier. I had issues that never got solved. They'll still take your money though. If you want help go into debt n make them ring you, might be the only way . Then find new supplier. #thisisntenglandanymore.

@trapped. but is is so nonsense if i have to pay the money for the electricity amount that i do not use. I am so worrying about this problem right now and dont know how to contact to them to solve it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Your other main options are the Collections Team on 0800 069 9831 or Web Chat via https://help.ovoenergy.com .

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

OVO don't know what they're doing in customer service or the change over of supplier. I had issues that never got solved. They'll still take your money though. If you want help go into debt n make them ring you, might be the only way . Then find new supplier. #thisisntenglandanymore.

This is bad advice in my view. You shouldn’t recommend deliberately going into debt just to get attention

@Blastoise186 i called the number but as expected they are busy again and again, no one even pick up the line

Userlevel 1

Have you tried emailing them with your concerns.

This is what I did and got the best response, in fact it was the only response I got from them.

Good luck. 

@Janni could you please send me their email information.

Thanks so much

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Jamespham1You can find all about the complaints process on this page 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

My bill shows an amount with a plus sign(+) does this mean I am in credit please getting really confused lol TIA