Solved

Why is my online account credit balance dropping every day?

Show first post

196 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Are you seeing this in your online account balance @marjorymcm ?

If you’d like to post a screenshot of that we could give an opinion. No account number or other personal info 

Yes it's on my time line in my account it's now down to £377 today I received an email saying it's being done daily to save cost when I am due a bill but I do not agree with this as I am direct 6each month so I have been paying what government gives me to build up a good credit balance so I can use my heating but now this it's got me back to being careful with it 

@juliamc 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Your first bill dated 5th Jan runs from 6th Dec and is for £231.87. You paid £100 so your original balance migrated from SSE of £633.51 has dropped to £501.64    You can see the breakdown of charges, ie how the £231.87 was calculated, by clicking See details (just off the screen in your screenshot). All straightforward so far.

The running balance shown from 6th Jan to the current date is updated every day, so to some extent you can ignore it. You will get a bill dated 6th Feb as you have the January bill. If you want to keep an eye on your balance it’s there to see, your next direct debit will go in and add to the balance, the energy charges will gradually accrue through the month and lessen the balance.

Userlevel 2

Hi There Everyone.

Can anyone give me advice.

I have a smart meter and pay by DD. my online billing date is 5th Jan.

I checked on the OVO website  rather than the app to get an idea of what to expect but there appears to be usage on my next bill which doesn’t start until 6th Feb

How can that be because it only the 3rd Jan and the Jan billing period isn’t finished yet.

Thank You in advance for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It’s a live billing system and that just looks like a placeholder .. it does say No Charges

It is 3rd Feb by the way

Userlevel 2

Hello BPLIghtlog

Thank you for your prompt reply but what is a placeholder.

I am 80 years old and new to all this

Sorry about the date

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Brewer. It’s just a ‘getting ready’ section waiting for information from the relevant dates. It will start getting information from 6th (Monday) and actually give you a day by day guide if you want to view that often. 
The current billing period tells you there a 2 days remaining but should show you the bill to date if you click on View Details

Userlevel 2

Hi There BPLightlog.

Now I understand.

Thanks Again

Hi I am new to Ovo before was with SSE I am a bit confused with how they do billling so I gave my meter reading at the end of January and the payment for the month came out, (no bill yet) and since then everyday different amounts keep coming out of my credit such as yesterday 96 pound and today 67 pound I don't understand 

Please help I can't get hold of Ovo their phone lines and chat are always busy 

Thanks again 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Scrowe the £67 will be the refund of the energy support from the government. The same amount is also taken off your energy bill. 
Could the £96 be your monthly payment?

I paid £126 monthly payment that with the £67 off but I don't understand as another 96 pound has been taking yesterday and 66.40 today 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can you get to your online account and look what that says?

https://account.ovoenergy.com/billing-history

I have my online account and just confused as I have already paid the monthly bill for January and more is still coming out 

I thought they just take 1 monthly payment Obviously not 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Are you on direct debit or PAYG?

PayG

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ok - there are some updates that go through the meter on change over I believe. The credits should be restored once that’s done. See some info on this thread.

I’ll also ask @Emmanuelle_OVO to note your query. 

Userlevel 1

Hi. My credit balance readings have also been erratic. Thus, phoned OVO and they interrogated the Smart meter readings ....and found prior to migrating from SSE,  on 5 Jan (23), there were anomilies in the gas readings which were erratically excessive. OVO reset my readings back to what they should have been; however, there are still anomilies occurring daily...though less excessive. I will, nevertheless, call OVO again and ask them to try and stabilise permanently. 

I have emailed ovo do you know a current email for them as daily charges are coming out now but I don't know why 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I have emailed ovo do you know a current email for them as daily charges are coming out now but I don't know why 

Hi @Scrowe 

OVO don't have an email address so you will have to use one of the other methods

https://help.ovoenergy.com/#contact_us_container

Alternatively if you use Facebook or Twitter you can send them a private message. 

Just include your name, address, account number and date of birth in the private message for security. They are official OVO Support Channels and the OVO staff there have access to your accounts.

I don't work for OVO, I am just a customer like you 

Have you ever manage to get hold of them on Facebook messenger as I did message them but not heard anything back 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Have you ever manage to get hold of them on Facebook messenger as I did message them but not heard anything back 

I regularly have on Twitter. I only use Twitter for contacting companies, nothing else. 

Usually same day or next day, never at the weekend.

I haven't tried Facebook.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Scrowe,

Sorry for the issues you’re having.

I’d advise waiting until you have fully migrated, if you have any issues after that you can contact OVO PAYG: 

The team is available on webchat Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-2pm. 

You can call on 0330 175 9669 Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am-5pm on 0330 175 9669. 

You can find out more information on our dedicated webpage for OVO PAYG.

Hope this helps. 

Hello I was wondering if someone can tell me why I was in 130 in credit yesterday and I gave a meter reading yesterday now am 71 pounds in debt today ?? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Nicky66 ,

The most likely reason I can think of is that it’s been a while since you last put a reading in. Could you show us what you see under https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings for both meters? Specifically, we’re after the meter reading history.