Solved

Why have I still not received a bill since my smart meters installed?

Show first post

48 replies

Userlevel 5
Hey @DebA,

I've moved your post onto this topic where you should be able to find the info you need.

Thanks
We had smart meters fitted at the beginning of July. However neither of the two bills received since then give any indication about gas usage, but only show electricity. Is this to be expected and will it rectify itself in due course? The app on the phone shows that gas is being used so I assume the meter is working and is communicating,
Userlevel 6

I had Smart Meters (gas and electricity) installed on 3rd March. When will I see my first statement? Your FAQ says it can take 6-8 weeks (though not why it takes so long), but it is now over 10 weeks.

I can see my usage on the website (though strangely not in the app), so I know the meter readings are going to you, and obviously my DD credits are accumulating, so the lack of statements is not a major issue, but presumably I ought to be getting them at some point ...

Richard.

Thanks @rgphilpott - yes no fear @Mattj3135 I'm here and ready to advise 😛 Well actually, I've already got this sorted and I've sent them a PM to advise.

For anyone else with the same issue, this is often caused by a delay in setting up your account with your new meter details. We allow ourselves 6-8 weeks to get this done, and a delay of this long is perfectly normal. If it's longer, something's not quite right, and it tends to need someone from OVO to have a quick look and get it sorted. So if it's been over 6-8 weeks since the smart meters were fitted and you still have no bill, drop us a message on FacebookTwitter or webchat via the Help Centre.

Thanks,
Tim

I've moved your post here, @DebA, the above best answer by @Tim_OVO, this will put you on the right track.

Welcome to the forum!

I have been receiving monthly bills following the installation of a Smart Meter, but I only receive billing for gas and only these payments are taken from my account - i.e. I am not being billed for electricity, in spite of having a dual fuel account.
Userlevel 7

Have a look at the 'best answer', @richardjohnholmes (at the top) - it advises on the 6 week time frame we allow to update the account following a smart meter exchange.

If it's been longer, we'll need to diagnose this, and when I say 'we', I mean our friendly membership Care team: on webchat via the Help Centre or Facebook.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Had a new Smart Meter fitted in August and since then have had no bills, contacted OVO over the phone in September and was told it could take unto 5 weeks to get the new information from the engineer but still no bills up to the current period. Also IHD not showing the correct information.

Contacted Customer services 2 weeks ago by email and have not yet a received a response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hiya!

Could you post photos of the meter please?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Perfect! You should see five green lights marked SW, WAN, MESH, HAN and GAS. Please can you tell me what they’re all doing?

If you can also run the meter through https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/ and tell me the result, that would be great.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

SW, WAN and HAN are flashing Green other two are blank. Running the CAB Smart Checker is telling me that the meter is working in smart mode.

On the OVO Home Page it does say that my smart meter is sending readings nut i can not see daily usage information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Gotcha, thanks for that!

Ok, so this tells me the meter seems to be working fine. If you’re looking for total usage from a particular day, it’s actually under the Monthly tab. I’ve got two things I can recommend though if you’d like full daily usage with half-hourly breakdowns:

• Make sure the meter is set to Half-Hourly Mode - OVO Support Team can do this for you
  • If you’re already set to that, ask OVO to investigate why it’s not coming through and request it to be backfilled from the meter data stored on the meter.

This should help!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yep its under the monthly that i am having difficulty and same showing for weekly and daily.

Have asked OVO to look into the reason why no bills for 2 months, usage not showing and IHD not displaying correct usage all have gone unanswered. Hence the reason for the original post.

Thank you for the support though @Blastoise186 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ahh… I see you’re also on the legacy billing system as well. That might make things more fun.

I’d recommend another reminder, followed by a complaint. https://ovoenergy.com/feedback .

Let us know if you need anything else!

Userlevel 7

Hey @BrightonCouple,

Sorry to hear of the issues you’re having.

If you haven’t done so already I'd advise completing a smart meter health check, this will be the first thing Support ask you to do:

How did you contact them previously?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Emmanuelle_OVO do you know if there is any published data when ovo hope all customers will be moved off the legacy system? 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Jeffus,

I’ll do some digging and see if I can find out for you.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi @Emmanuelle_OVO  I’ve spoken to a representative once on the phone and then when the issue was still going on after 5 weeks I emailed and then when that hadn’t been responded to in over 2 weeks I posted on here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @BrightonCouple 

There are various ofgem regulated 3rd party apps you could try using to see if they can read your smart meter. This is a couple of them that some of us use. 

https://www.glowmarkt.com/

https://loop.homes/unlock-your-smart-meter/

You could try seeing if these can read your meter. This would highlight if the issue is specific to ovo. 

I am not sure if you will have trouble signing up. But worth a try i think

Userlevel 7

Hey @BrightonCouple,

The email address isn’t open at the moment, so it’s likely your health check hasn’t been received. The best way to contact Support is through web messenger. 

If you’ve already completed a smart meter health check with an agent on the phone, they will have raised this to the relevant team who’ll try and resolve the issues with your meters remotely. If they are unable to do so over the next 45 working days, they’ll contact you to book in an engineer re-visit.

In the meantime, we have a live billing system. So whenever you submit a readings manually to the Online Account. Your account balance will update accordingly. We have a great guide about this topic here:

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have had the same problem since last August. I spoke to someone at the beginning of January and apparently what has happened is that the old meter was still on the billing account and the new meter hadn't been added to it. Information was passed onto the accounts team and now waiting for that to be corrected apparently it can take another month for that team to sort it out. Hope this helps and may be a solution for you too !! 🤞🏽👍🏽

Userlevel 1

I’ve had enough of Ovo.  Can’t wait to leave them once this is all sorted out.  Was in touch with CEO dept last October and they said the’d sorted my account out.  Far from it.   I don’t care it it costs me a little more so long as customer service are good and efficient.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Cheekyone,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

I’ll get Forum_Support to reach out.

Please keep an eye on your private messages.

Userlevel 1

Contacted CEO office yesterday - not even an acknowledgement yet.