Solved

Why has my engineers visit failed again?

• 14 April 2022
  • 5 replies

I have had a none-functioning smart meter since November. OVO have booked three appointments to send an engineer and each time no one has shown up, despite assurances I was a priority and me having phoned a few days beforehand to check the appointment was still booked. How can I ensure one of these elusive creatures actually attends?

icon

Best answer by Jeffus 14 April 2022, 10:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge

You may be entitled to 30 pounds compensation and another 30 pounds if they don't pay within 10 days

So i would start by putting in a claim for for up to 180 pounds depending on when the appointments occurred.

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been affected by multiple missed engineer visits, @Jumpfa.

As so helpfully linked by @Jeffus, there’s more information about the standard £30 compensation payment in the topic above.

Have you been in touch with the Support Team to investigate why the appointments failed to happen yet?

Userlevel 7

I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been affected by multiple missed engineer visits, @Jumpfa.

As so helpfully linked by @Jeffus, there’s more information about the standard £30 compensation payment in the topic above.

Have you been in touch with the Support Team to investigate why the appointments failed to happen yet?

Thank you for your responses. I have already received two £30 GSOP payments and have been offered a third which I have declined as inadequate. I have been in contact with the support team and have logged a complaint but have received no explanation why engineers have failed to attend or why, after being assured I was a priority; having a job reference number and phoning to check they were attending, nothing happens.

I want to ensure that my fourth appointment actually happens. I don’t want endless compensation payments and assurances that it will be different next time as it is massively frustrating to waste a day waiting in and I have lost trust that OVO can actually organise an engineer.

I’m also annoyed that having no functioning meter since November my bills are estimated and don’t reflect the fact I have turned my heating off.  Do I have to accept estimated bills if I have given OVO nearly six months to fix the problem?

Userlevel 7

I can totally understand that approach, @Jumpfa - I would usually ask our Forum_Support team to send you a private message to grab some account details, so they could look at the account to see if there’s a reason these failed appointments keep happening. 

As this is now an open complaint, that same process will be happening by the complaint handler, and we won’t step in and risk duplicating contact with you. You’ve now done everything one can expect. Let our complaint handler look into this and reach out to you in the time frame provided. Full complaints process here

I hope this gets resolved without any more inconvenience to you. ​​​​​​

Tim

Thanks Tim. 🤞this will soon be resolved.