Solved

Where's OVO contact details?

Why is there no contact OVO email address on MyOVO home page or any where else on the site
Does OVO not wish to be bothered by customers? If not please say. Then I can help by moving to another supplier.
Have noticed others on forum are having same problem. Can anyone suggest a supplier who likes to hear from customers?

icon

Best answer by PeterW 8 June 2018, 17:43

View original

11 replies

Yes I was wondering that too. It is costly to call companies and wait on the line while they play music.

Updated on 14/09/23 by Abby_OVO:

Our Support team’s web messaging and WhatsApp opening hours will be:

• 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday 

• 9am - 2pm on Saturdays

Our Support team can be contacted by phone on 0330 303 5063 between:

• 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. 

If you need to contact the team on a Sunday, our Social team is able to support you. Send us a message on Facebook or Twitter from 9am - 5pm. This team is also able to schedule an emergency meter appointment if needed. More info on what to do in an emergency here. 

You can see all open contact channels via our Help Centre. 

There will be no change to Collections opening hours (0800 069 9831). Open Monday to Thursday 8am-8pm, Friday 8am-6pm, and Saturday 9am-2pm. Get advice support with your energy payments here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Actually @geobow, OVO has a superb Customer Support Dept based in Bristol. They often gain accolades in the press for their helpful service.

You can telephone them direct on:

0330 303 5063

Or webcaht via:

Help Centre

I have been given 2 different email addresses over the phone by an ovo team, as I need to send photos of my meters, but neither of the email addresses work. my emails keep being sent back saying they can’t be delivered.

hello@ovoenergy.com 

customersupport@ovoenergy.com

These are the addresses I was given.

Has anyone else had the same problem and got an alternative address to contact ovo?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @janecj ,

There’s actually a better option. Try using Live Chat at https://help.ovoenergy.com as you can upload the photos directly via that during the chat with an agent. They’ll be able to forward the photos on as needed.

Make sure to mention they’re for an existing case too!

Thank you Blastoise186, I will try the live chat now.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Take your time. Just FYI, here’s an extract from my last chat experience:

10:27    Business said: Hi there, I'm OVO's chatbot. Let's see if we can find the answer you are looking for. If I can't get you the answer you need, I'll put you through to one of our support team.

This is the beginning of your conversation with us.

10:32     Business said: An Advisor will be with you as soon as one becomes available. You are currently position 275 in the queue. Thank you for your patience

…

13:30     Business said: An Advisor will be with you as soon as one becomes available. You are currently position 11 in the queue. Thank you for your patience

13:33     Business said: Please continue to hold, an advisor will be with you as soon as possible

…

13:45     Business said: Hello there,

…

15:09     Business said: No problem at all, we got there in the end. Take care and have a lovely evening. After this chat ends you will receive a short survey about how I have handled your query today, …

[Total time elapsed 5h 18 min]

Is it possible to connect to the chatbot, and then simply submit (say) a case number and the photos requested, without having to wait (three hours!) for an advisor? In general, does anyone review abandoned calls to the chatbot? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Not that I know of. I don’t think the bot passes the conversation over, but there’s probably a way of finding out

Wow! 275th in the queue! I must have hit lucky as I started at 38th in the queue! 

The agent said that I had sent my email to ovo using a different email address to the one they had on the account, so it wasn't accepted. I have resent using the registered account email.....and I'm still getting a formatted reply telling me its not been sent to correct address.

So I've decided to go down the old fashioned route and request for an engineer to come to the house and read the meters! 

But thank you for all your advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge

… there’s probably a way of finding out

… which you are currently examining with customary enthusiasm 😉
Just think how much time and effort it would save. I might post an Idea to suggest devising a ‘doc submission bot’.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It appears that it might be possible to do exactly that.

But I don’t have time to dig through all the documentation for that chat system right now. It’s literally a huge stack of digital dead trees. XD