Solved

What is OVO’s complaints procedure?

Show first post

103 replies

Hi Blastoise186

It seems the payment has gone to an older joint account that was previously switched a couple of times, I can confirm that the payment has been received at an old account that I wasn’t aware of.

I will update CS by phone in the morning

Final Update:

This has now been resolved, I received the funds a week ago to an older closed account but no notification from the bank was sent to me.

When on calls with CS I was told the money was going to the bank details that were stored for the Direct Debit details, as the ex paid via DD (until they defaulted) so naturally assumed that payment was going to their bank account.

Turns out, when I made the payment over the phone, OVO had then linked that card to the Direct Debit details (for some reason) but this was a Cardholder Not Present payment, not a DD.

Checking old banking apps on my phone last night I found an account that had the payment in it.

So the payment had been sent to an older Halifax account which was closed, but had been switched to another bank: First Direct (seems like the banks keep some kind or redirect in place for such cases which is good to know for the future).

I still have issues with the suggestions from the representative to contact my ex, and contact their bank (Just as well I wasn’t going to do either as that would have caused drama)

I also have issues with the fact that after numerous calls and email requests, a cheque was never sent.

J

Userlevel 3

@JShannon I’m happy to hear that you’ve managed to get this resolved. Please feel free to pop back to us if you have any further issues.