very unhappy with ovo migrstion

• 4 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Migrated from SSE. Last SSE over £500 for one month.  Provided correct meter readings to OVO.  Bill adjusted to £140.  Paid promptly.  App still showed I owed the difference between £500 and £140 paid.  Chat line said this was going to credit collection.  I’m 88.  Worried sick. Now find they are saying I owe an extra £87.  Blaming SSE who hdve given a meter reading less than their estimate on 21st Aug and even less that my bill in July.  OVO don’t want to help and say it’s up to me to chase up with SSE?  I am appalled they can treat people like this. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you think the bills are wrong, raise a read dispute via Live Chat at https://ovoenergy.com/help .

Otherwise, https://ovoenergy.com/feedback explains the next steps.

Do not delay - SSE closes next month.

Most of these cases have also been SSE sending over bad data. OVO can help fix this but you MUST get a move on before the doors close on SSE Energy Services.

If only you knew how many times I have been in chat to be told they can do nothing.  Keep insisting everything is correct and that I owe them money.  I emailed complaints and they don’t want to know either.  I’ll go to Ofgem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Live chat alone, a complaint not make. Complaint process, must you use.

You cannot go to Ofgem to raise complaints. You must follow the proper route which is found at https://ovoenergy.com/feedback. From there, you have to give OVO eight weeks and/or a reasonable chance to resolve it - bashing the live chat alone doesn’t count.

After that, it’s the Energy Ombudsman - Ofgem delegated complaint handling there. You must prove that you’ve given OVO an actual chance to solve things first.

I understand what you are saying but voicing my concerns via the complaint email address hit me nowhere.  I’m being threatened with owing them money when I know for a fact that I don’t.  Customer services are not interested in helping a customer. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Jonesthedog,

Really sorry to hear this, 

I’ll ask Forum_Support to reach out. Please keep an eye on your private messages. 

Well it gets worse.  I contacted SSE and they confirmed they would provide the correct migrated reading to OVO.  Because I received information saying I now owe OVO over £500 I went I. To chat to ask them to please check if SSE had in fact contacted OVO and given the correct migrated reading.  I was given a lot of grief and hassle in the chat.  Asking me to pay the £500.  That the readings were correct and I did owe £500.  They even had the audacity to say I had provided gas readings when in fact I am in storage heaters. When I said I was not in gas I was rudely told to check with my landlord.  The service is unbelievable. Yet again I can’t even move forward with doing as the the customer service department ask. What a shambles. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Jonesthedog,

Really sorry to hear this,

Unfortunately we don’t have access to your account, so I’m unable to look into the readings. Could you please upload a screenshot of your readings from the meter reads page on the Online Account. And a screenshot showing the opening meter reading you were billed to from OVO’s side. I’ll then be able to take a look into this for you. I’ve also asked Forum_Support to get in touch via private message.