Usage not in pounds on Online Account

Show first post

42 replies

Userlevel 2

Lucky you mine hasn’t!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Lucky you mine hasn’t!!

Hi @Peewyn Can you see the kWh and not the £ now?

Or neither? 

Userlevel 2

Only kWh as previously and no option to change to £

Userlevel 2

Hi I’m still waiting to hear from OVO energy regarding not being able to see usage in £, because a message left on my phone said they would email me (lady called Lauren) but nothing has arrived - what a shambles!,,,

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The issue is currently being looked into. There’ll likely be an announcement on the forum with any news

Userlevel 2

Thanks for that update but this has been going on for ages now and getting nowhere fast.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thanks for that update but this has been going on for ages now and getting nowhere fast.

The only thing we have heard is that each person should log the fault with the Support team as this is an account specific issue that the IT team need to look at currently.

Have you logged it? 

Userlevel 2

Yes ages ago and was told they would contact me - still waiting!,

Userlevel 7

Hi @Peewyn and thanks for sharing the latest on this. 

I work for OVO and I want to set some expectations here that perhaps the person you spoke to on the phone failed to do. 

The data required to show your £ costs in the online account usage section (and the app) comes from the billing platform. It’s a known issue and our advice for customers is to report it to the Support team. That way a '’support ticket’ is raised and we know the volumes of those affected which helps create the priority level for the company that runs the billing platform*. OVO ourself can’t do much more, not least the person you spoke to on the call. 

Please know that the usage section is a guide to help you manage and reduce your energy. To see your actual daily costs, please refer to the live billing, found here: https://account.ovoenergy.com/billing-details

*Kaluza are owned by OVO Group and are a technology company that have built the billing platform used by OVO Energy customers.  

Userlevel 2

This is screenshot of using  your link and as previously tried to explain it doesn’t work. I escalated this in early February to support team and was told they would contact me, no one has!!! You have my mobile number lease call it now to explain the situation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Peewyn

Some others in a similar situation are now using the Bright app, 

The Bright app is perhaps worth a look if you haven't already for you cost data. 

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/bright/id1369989022

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.hildebrand.brightionic

They are authorised and regulated by the Energy Regulator OFGEM like a few others. In some ways it is more useful than the apps from many suppliers. 

@Tim_OVO has no access to your account, no one here does, both customers like me or OVO employees. The staff on the OVO Twitter and Facebook pages do have access to individual customer accounts, sometimes it is better to post there than this forum for account issues in my experience as a customer. 

@BPLightlog is very experienced in the Bright app if you decide to download it and you have any follow up questions. A few posts on it here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I’m afraid callbacks can’t be arranged from here. Sorry

Userlevel 2

I am a senior citizen I don’t use social media

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I am a senior citizen I don’t use social media

Then i can only suggest you call OVO or wait for them to call you. There is no estimate from OVO when the issue may be fixed. 

My mum is 87 and signed up to Facebook to contact companies via direct message. She never posts in public. Obviously up to you, i totally get it that some people whatever their age don't want to use the Facebook or Twitter sited but are happy to sign up and use forum like this. You are not alone in that. 

Userlevel 2

Dear BPLightinglog

how did you manage that? Mine hasn’t returned yet

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Dear BPLightinglog

how did you manage that? Mine hasn’t returned yet

@BPLightlog had a different issue like me and many others, we couldn't see kWh or £ for a few hours only. Came back automatically. 

Userlevel 2

Thanks