Solved

THTC tariffs from July 2023 - are there any changes?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

There's lots of talk about electricity prices coming down at the beginning of July 2023.  We're stuck with THTC, despite asking repeatedly for an economy 7 meter, and have had no information about a reduction in the prices. Has anyone heard anything from OVO?? I have a horrible feeling their charges are not going to come down....

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 29 June 2023, 15:33

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

They will do, trust me. https://plans.ovoenergy.com from this Saturday will have updated rates.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I look forward to seeing what the new rates are on Saturday.  The THTC rates shown are apparently from 2021 ?????  There are 4 different sets of figures, none of which bear any resemblance to our current rates. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ahh… Thanks for the heads up. I’ll ask for that to be checked again. Bear with me!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Doesn’t look like old tariffs to me ?

https://www.ovoenergy.com/home-energy-plans

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The figures look like up to date rates but the date on the heading says 2021 unlike all the others which are 2023.  A typo perhaps???

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m probably missing something but I can’t see anything relating to 2021 - although I’m on a mobile not laptop or pc

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

It may depend on where you are in the country. This is what I get when I put my postcode in. 

Userlevel 6

Hi @Cassie511 

I’ve had a look myself on https://plans.ovoenergy.com/, and it shows me 29/06/23 for the THTC On Demand tariff, see below: 

Display may vary, details continue down page

I’ve asked for clarification internally on the Direct Debit one as this still remains at 2021 as you’ve shown, so it will be good to know if this is a mistake or if it’s just that the rates remain the same. I’ll pop back on this thread when I’ve got an update on this.

Userlevel 6

Hey @Cassie511 

I’ve had got an update on this already!

I spoke with the team who are running the page, they’ve explained that we show all tariffs that any of our customers could be on, although some may no longer be available for selection, there are historic tariffs that are still active for some customers so they’ve made sure that the rates are still available to view.

Regarding the THTC, they’ve confirmed that the rates for Direct Debit shown on the website are correct, even though it says 23/02/2021, this is just because these rates have been the same ever since. The team have no other THTC Direct Debit tariffs in the system.

As most THTC customers came from another supplier with their tariffs already selected for THTC, we’ve not changed many of these. If we do update the THTC Direct Debit tariff, you’ll be able to see that online here, as well as view the 2021 currently on there.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks for your efforts. It's much appreciated. I see that the figures quoted must be excluding VAT.  We can now see the tariff we are on with SSE.  We have had notification of the migration to OVO.  We desperately want to change to Economy 7. When will this be possible? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you’re on THTC in a Load Managed Area, that might not be possible. Check with your DNO as they can tell you if you’re in one.