Solved

Synchronize IVIE monitor and OVO account billing

• 19 April 2023
  • 8 replies

My OVO bill is calculated to the 24th of each month.My IVIE monitor calculates to the first of every month.

Is there any way to synchronise them to the same date?

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 20 April 2023, 18:18

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @briiow ,

You might have to ask ivie support for that, but I’m not sure much can be done I’m afraid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @briiow ,

You might have to ask ivie support for that, but I’m not sure much can be done I’m afraid.

@Blastoise186 can OVO customers ask  OVO to have their billing period changed? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Afraid not. It’s a fixed thing. ivie will have to shift over, but I suspect both are hardcoded

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can change the date of your direct debit which I thought changed the billing period?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Nope! That doesn’t change the billing cycle with any energy supplier. It does change it for EE though if you have a mobile phone contract with them

Userlevel 7
Badge

@Blastoise186  @Emmanuelle_OVO For the first three years that OVO was my supplier, my billing period started on the day of the month when my contract with them started. When the billing system changed three years ago, this also changed: I received statements for 8 Dec 2019 - 7 Jan 2020, 8 Jan - 31 Jan 2020 and for each calendar month thereafter. Is it no longer possible to arrange this on request?

As far as I can tell, the date of the DD is irrelevant, although it might not be if variable DDs are ever introduced. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

OVO used to support Variable DD in the early days, but it looks like they terminated that support some time ago. I doubt the new billing platform has ever supported them and probably won’t ever support them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

My OVO bill is calculated to the 24th of each month.My IVIE monitor calculates to the first of every month.

Is there any way to synchronise them to the same date?

Perhaps just phone OVO and ask, although reading all the comments I suspect not.