SWITCHING TO ANOTHER SUPPLIER

• 24 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

After 7 months of pure aggro with OVO, having been auto migrated from SSE we have given up trying to resolve the issues caused by OVO and decided to switch suppliers. We have tried and failed to get OVO to treat us with fair customer service, and despite several interventions by Ombudsman services are still not in a position where we get proper service as both a high winter consumer and a high summer provider of Power. 

Facts;

It took more than 4 months to get our import billing correct after merge, with opening and closing figures for bills being based on estimates despite us supplying meter readings.

7 Months from merge and we still have no detail from our FITS readings and Export readings or accurate statements.We have never been able to add an Export reading to our account online as OVO refuse to make this provision available, and e mails sent to the FITS team are never answered, a standard acknowledgement of receipt “ we are very busy you know!” 

Due to no statements being provided we have not been able to process VAT invoices to OVO and we are still owed monies for these.

We informed OVO 3 weeks ago that we were switching our FITS and EXPORT accounts and have today been told by the new company that OVO are not cooperating. ( We have been informed by other operater this is common with OVO)

We have today informed OVO that we are due to switch our Import account also, on 26th, this Friday, we doubt this will happen either. So much for “Faster Switching” claimed as industry standard by OVO.

OVO customer service in South Africa is either unwilling or unable to make any real adjustments to customer sccounts or respond to inputs.

The billing team and the FITS department being “Non customer facing” as it was put to us is a travisty of customer interface and should be rectified with urgency.

We are now in a position of LIMBO What more do we need to do to escape theis truly awful company OVO have made it fairly clear to us that we do not fit into their very narrow view of a customer base and yet now don’t want to let us Go! 

Frankly OVO has been the worst company it has ever been my misfortune to deal with, and I’m sure  this won’t be posted but this so called Forum (OVO LOVE FEST ) is part of the problem. 

Go ahead and delete/unsubscibe me from OVO it won’t make any difference now as any dealing from here on will likely have to be via the courts.   

1 reply

Userlevel 3

Hi @Colin Wheeler

I’m really sorry for the issues you’ve been experiencing, that’s definitely not the experience we want for our customers.

I’m going to have our Forum_Support team reach out to you so they can help you further with this. Look out for a private message here soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview.