Solved

Support Package - heated throw and number I don't recognise

• 24 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Hiya!

As part of its Support Package, I was offered a heated throw from OVO on 7 November - but haven’t heard anything about delivery. Does anyone know when these will arrive?

Also, had a call from a number on 17th November - 0044 333 311 1231 - claiming to be from OVO, but I don’t recognise the number. Has anyone else had this call?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Nukecad 24 November 2023, 11:19

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6

The Support Package items, such as the throws, will start being delivered from the begining of December.

Sorry I have no idea whether that phone number is genuine or not.
My stance is if I don’t know the number a call is from then I’ll ignore it, if it’s important then they will text, email, or send me a letter.

Userlevel 7

Hey @LizzyFrostie

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

I can’t see that number listed anywhere on our website. 

You can report spam numbers to 7726, find out more on ofcoms website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey @LizzyFrostie

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

I can’t see that number listed anywhere on our website. 

You can report spam numbers to 7726, find out more on ofcoms website.

May be worth some digging to check @Emmanuelle_OVO 

Looks like the number may be from Sonex who work with OVO on various things regarding vulnerable customers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are opposite reports for that number and company. Some mention that a call to OVO said they didn’t work with the company, others referenced a financial support call

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

There are opposite reports for that number and company. Some mention that a call to OVO said they didn’t work with the company, others referenced a financial support call

Yep, lots of conflicting info.

Impossible to know quite what is going on.

Sonex is FCA registered and are on the FCA register, but it is not clear if they are making the calls or if they are even still or ever did work for OVO in any capacity. They advertise working OVO on LinkedIn. They are owned by the Lantern  another similar company. Lantern sponsored some of the recent awards that OVO took part in

https://www.creditstrategy.co.uk/vulnerability-awareness-gala-winners/vulnerability-awareness-gala-winners/winners-22

This OVO number comes up as a scam on many sites and some  customers are blocking it, even though it is OK so it isn't easy for customers to be sure these days.

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the info @Jeffus, I’ll raise internally!