Skip to main content

I had a smart meter installed in Mid September removing an old night rate meter and day meter. Around two weeks ago I was unable to access my online account. I’ve never been able to use the app and I now cannot access the online account. I have tried using every known browser known to man, different PC, tablets, Mac, phone, different locations and still can’t access it.  I had an email exchange for fits@ovoenergy.com around 2 weeks ago and haven’t received a reply.. I am sick to my back teeth of the service provided by OVO and have been met with incompetence at every turn. If I don’t hear from them shortly I’ll be going to the Ombudsman again.

Obviously not knowing the full details here @dunks517 , it’s difficult to comment. 
The Fits address is only for FIT accounts, not normal energy accounts. 
A smart meter install would not normally knock out your account access but it does take a while for all the details to go through the system. 
If you do need to go through a process with the Ombudsman, then you will need to have put a complaint to OVO first. 

The complaint has gone in, the online account is asking me for my start readings for when I joined OVO in July 2023 and it has reverted to as if I was just joining. At every single turn OVO has made a mess of things from recording my start readings incorrectly by 10000 kWh to ignoring repeated attempts to correct the reading. This issue was resolved by the Ombudsman after OVO ignoring my readings six times, then Morrison Data manually read the meter a month later and incorrectly read the meter again. No wonder this shoddy incompetent organisation has just been fined 22 million. My FIT application was ignored in March 24 which meant OVO has been taking advantage of my feed in supply all Summer, there’s a complaint in for that as well. As regards the fit@ovo email, that was the account which asked my for the screenshots of my account. 

I would not recommend OVO to my worst enemy. 

A week has gone by and still no update from Ovo, they really are poor. 

Hi @dunks517,

I’m really sorry to hear this and I understand your frustration.

If you’ve raised a complaint then one of our Complaint Resolvers should be in touch as soon as your case is assigned a case handler. Were you given a complaint case number when you raised it?

Here’s a link to our complaints procedure:

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

Unfortunately, we’re unable to access FiT accounts on the forum. If you need to speak to our FiT Team you can call them on 0330 303 5063, you’d need to select ‘4’ when the it instructs you to do so.