Solved

Piping coming out of my meter looks bent- Is this normal?

• 30 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello - wanted to ask do my pipes long bent and do I need this fixed or is this normal? 

thank you 

icon

Best answer by BPLightlog 30 November 2023, 11:07

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Msra8tm5 , you can see how the pipes are designed to bend with the ‘corrugated’ appearance. They look ok although the meter could do with a brush and maybe switching to a smart meter?

Thanks it was more the round sphere by the red tap. Is that meant to be at an angle or does it just depend and is that normal? Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks it was more the round sphere by the red tap. Is that meant to be at an angle or does it just depend and is that normal? Thanks 

That’s the vent or regulator. The meter surround looks tight so unless it’s moved, it’s probably ok.

I was looking at the date on the lable though. If that’s from 1975 it’s well past it’s use by date!

Thank you, yes might be worth replacing it. Who does that work? Is a normal plumber/gas engineer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you, yes might be worth replacing it. Who does that work? Is a normal plumber/gas engineer. 

No, it’s your supplier. If you’re with OVO you can request via https://smart-booking.ovoenergy.com