Solved

Paid amount using incorrect OVO account number

• 11 July 2023
  • 9 replies

I payed a bill of £87.36 via Santander on 20-2-2023.which went into the wrong account number.Since then you have told me to sent a copy of the bank statement,which i did,on 6-5-2023.to 1 Rivergate,Temple Quay,Bristol,BS1-6ED…. Which Adam siad you have received,But on a new bill today...the amount is still on..Also a fine of £10 for non payment. This is now going on for nearly 5 months.Which Ovo have sent.I am in Bad credit… I have rang 5 times..but getting nowhere.Hope you will be able to help.

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 12 July 2023, 12:28

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi,

This is better suited to OVO’s Live Chat at https://help.ovoenergy.com rather than the community led forum.

Userlevel 1

I payed a bill of £87.36 via Santander on 20-2-2023.which went into the wrong account number.Since then you have told me to sent a copy of the bank statement,which i did,on 6-5-2023.to 1 Rivergate,Temple Quay,Bristol,BS1-6ED…. Which Adam siad you have received,But on a new bill today...the amount is still on..Also a fine of £10 for non payment. This is now going on for nearly 5 months.Which Ovo have sent.I am in Bad credit… I have rang 5 times..but getting nowhere.Hope you will be able to help.

Thats bad customer service that is… you should get a refund.

Userlevel 7

Hey @robertwines,

Really sorry to hear this,

Just to clarify, did you send the money using the wrong OVO account number as a reference? If so, I’m sorry this has taken so long it should be quite simple to move these funds and assign them to your account. If you paid the amount into the wrong bank account (not OVOs), you’ll need to contact your bank to get the money returned to your account. 

Hi,

This is better suited to OVO’s Live Chat at https://help.ovoenergy.com rather than the community led forum.

Let us know how you get on with Chat, an agent should be able to raise this to an internally team then and there. 

Hope this helps. 

It was an OVO energy account.wrong account number. Saying that,they have put the wrong account number on the payment slip,,,,

Just tried for live chat.they told me i am 334 in the queue….

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Live Chat isn't open at 10pm. Try again in the morning 

Userlevel 7

Hey @robertwines,

Any update on this? 

I rang OVO agaiin today. A man named Josh,was very helpful.He said ,he can put a hold on me,getting any more outstanding balance bills.for 20 days.,,,,As it could take that long to look into the outstanding bill….!!!!!!!!! [which has already been paid]Today I paid £73.40.,as that is what I think I owe. So I can only wait now.

Userlevel 7

Hey @robertwines,

I’m glad to hear Josh was helpful. I’ll get Forum_Support to reach out, please keep an eye on your private messages.