Skip to main content
Solved

Ovo claiming they supply my mothers property when we are with Scottish Gas

• 22 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi i am looking for some advise as Ovo are being completely unhelpful.

I am dealing with my mothers estate as she passed away in September 2023.  I have all of the companies that my mother dealt with and have had all accounts put into my name as I am the executer.  We have been receiving demands from Ovo Energy for an outstanding gas balance that does not belong to us.  My mother lived in a block of 12 flats - our supplier has always been Scottish Gas.

Our lawyer has been contacted now by Ovo advising we have to pay over £2000 from my mothers estate as the bills are outstanding.

We have supplied photos of the gas meter at the property which do not tie in with the one Ovo is billing us from and I have contacted Scottish Gas who have sent us a code to confirm they are the supplier.

I am now feeling stuck as Ovo will not accept that this is not my mothers bill.  Whilst this issue is with the lawyer (phone calls from Ovo to there office) the matter is now also billable.

Where can i go from here as there is no monies due to Ovo from my mothers property. This is really adding stress to an already stressful situation when i am grieving for my mother.

6 replies

Badge

This site may help Facebook Group Energy Support And Advice UK or have you contacted the Ombudsman.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Since this is OVO related, it’s probably for the best that the discussions remain here on the Forum, rather than going off to random Facebook groups. I know from experience - there’s more resources here than you’ll ever find on Facebook. By staying here, the answers are easier to find and tbh, not everyone wants to be on Facebook so it’s best to respect that. The best place to answer questions like this one is almost always the place they were originally asked at.

@jadel sorry to hear about this. I’m going to flag this backstage on the Forum to see what options are available, please bear with me as this may take a little time.

For now, please check https://findmysupplier.energy to find out who the active Supplier really is.

I’ll be back shortly once I’ve discussed this thread backstage.

Userlevel 6

Hi @jadel 

I’m really sorry to hear about all of this.

I’m going to have our Forum_Support reach out to you about this to get their help on this one.

You should receive a private message to your inbox soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

Since this is OVO related, it’s probably for the best that the discussions remain here on the Forum, rather than going off to random Facebook groups. I know from experience - there’s more resources here than you’ll ever find on Facebook. By staying here, the answers are easier to find and tbh, not everyone wants to be on Facebook so it’s best to respect that. The best place to answer questions like this one is almost always the place they were originally asked at.

@jadel sorry to hear about this. I’m going to flag this backstage on the Forum to see what options are available, please bear with me as this may take a little time.

For now, please check https://findmysupplier.energy to find out who the active Supplier really is.

I’ll be back shortly once I’ve discussed this thread backstage.

Thank you for sending this to me - this does indeed confirm that the property is British Gas  -  i really hope I can get to the bottom of this.

Hi @jadel 

I’m really sorry to hear about all of this.

I’m going to have our Forum_Support reach out to you about this to get their help on this one.

You should receive a private message to your inbox soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

Thank you Abby - someone has private messaged me i hope this sorts out my issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries. Please keep in contact with Forum_Support for now and they’ll do what they can to help you out. Just to give you a heads up, they’re only a small team and they are known for digging especially deep, so their responses may not always be speedy - especially if the team needs to ask around to check something. Once they have more info, they’ll let you know.

If you’d like an update at anytime, simply reply back to that PM thread and they’ll be in touch.