Solved

Overpayment of FiT

Userlevel 2

I have recently had money paid into my account by OVO yet I switched to OCTOPUS last october and OVO are up to date with FIT payments.

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 9 June 2023, 16:48

View original

38 replies

I’ve received a not insubstantial credit payment from OVO.  There’s no note on my OVO account and doesn’t appear to be a compensation payment or rebate. Anyone else receive this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Presumably you’ve also checked any credit level in your account as well?

https://account.ovoenergy.com/billing-details

If a bank transfer, are there any references against the transaction?

All the obvious reasons have drawn a blank.  I then though it was a PV Fit payment but that came in last month and in any case a smaller amount.  This is about 20% of my annual costs! 

Userlevel 6

Hey @NFGoudie 

Welcome to this customer forum, just so you are aware, we don’t have access to accounts here at the forum, but we’ll do our best to help where possible.

If you’ve not seen a change in your credit balance like BPLightlog asked, or any other obvious reasons for this the next best thing will be to get in touch with the Support Team. They’ll be able to help identify why, how or when this occurred.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That’s interesting @mwalim . You’re the second person who has reported this in the last few days. Nothing due back after your switch?

Userlevel 2

No, all paid up although I did have to wait until Feb this year to get final payment from October. Have emailed them but not much hope of a reply!!

I too have received a unexpected FIT payment and sent an email to OVO 

Userlevel 2

Hello blueoatgrass.

Do you still have FIT with OVO?

Yes I have a FIT account at OVO but I moved my main supplier account over four? years ago , just left my FAiT because it worked reasonably well

Clearly somethings happened but I don’t understand it so I’ll see how OVO respond in due course.

Another thing just occurred to me. I have just recently moved to Octopus and my electric meter was originally fitted by OVO

It’s a Secure SMET 1 meter

A  couple of days ago I had a visit from Morrisons who read my solar generation meter and use my Secure SMET 1 meter for an export reading ( better for me than 50%) I was told months ago my next visit would be Jan 2024!

The meter reader couldn’t understand the meter identification number he was given on his hand held computer since they didnt correspond with my meters. I remember him calling before to read my generation and export meters and he had no problems then

So somethings wrong at OVO

Userlevel 6

Updated on 20/06/2023 by Abby_OVO

Update on this, the team working on this have began contacting customers who were impacted by this. They’ll be in touch soon to let you know what the next step will be, and if there’s anything you need to do.

Hey @mwalim @blueoatgrass 

I’m sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

I raised this internally as you’re both not the only person to have receive refunds/credits out of the blue. It’s been flagged to us as an ongoing incident in which the necessary team are working on fixing this at the moment. Thank you for bringing this up to us, it’ll be helpful for any others in a similar situation. 

We do apologise for any confusion this may have caused, I’ll pop back on this thread and update you when we have any further updates on this.

Userlevel 6

Hey @NFGoudie 

I’m sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Since I last replied to your thread, we’ve been notified of an ongoing incident regarding refunds/credits being sent to customers. The necessary team is working on fixing this at the moment. 

We do apologise for any confusion this may have caused, I’ll pop back on this thread and update you when we have any further updates on this.

Userlevel 2

Hello and thank you Abby. Do I have to pay it back?

I can’t see Abby having the authority at this time to answer your question but I expect you will need to repay it back if you weren’t entitled to it in the first place! Me too so I’ll have to cancel that foreign holiday now 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello and thank you Abby. Do I have to pay it back?

I believe that should be figured out soon. If it’s OK with you, I’d suggest ringfencing that cash and putting it somewhere safe for now. That way, it’s easier to pay back if you need to.

Hey @Abby_OVO  same here, I to received an unexpected fit payment from OVO.

I was waiting to see the Fit statement letter to update me with what was going on.

Userlevel 2

Hi Abby,

Any news yet on FIT OVERPAYMENT?

Userlevel 7

I believe everyone affected will be getting an email / letter with next steps on this, @mwalim. It’s just being worked on now!

Userlevel 3

Hi @NFGoudie 

I received the same thing recently with no information as to why 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I do recall reading this a few weeks back and wonder if there’s any connection, it’d be good to know before I spend it in case they want it back!

Best regards 

MrsH

Userlevel 2

Thank you Tim.

Userlevel 6

Hey @MrsH 

Sorry to hear you’ve been included in this, we’re really sorry for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this.

I don’t believe that this is related to the previous issue you linked to, but was well worth a thought.

The team working on this will be in touch soon to let you know what the next step will be, and if there’s anything you need to do.

Often page - OVO

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Huttoftlincs I don’t see how that’s related to this thread?

Userlevel 6

Hey @Huttoftlincs 

I agree with @Blastoise186, and I’ve mentioned above that these are not related circumstances, and both have a resolution in place from their respective teams.

Userlevel 2

Hi Abby,

I haven't heard anything yet. Have you any updates?