Skip to main content

Hi, last year I was automatically changed from SSE to OVO. I've never created a online account, I tried months ago but during the sign up process i got some kind of error message, my details didn't match.

I've tried signing up with multiple account numbers, I share the flat with my brother and although both names are on the account (letters) i seems to have different account numbers on various letters, I have tried the account number that was on a old sse letter too .

Anyhow, I'm moving out this upcoming Wednesday and I read as I have smart meters I can tell OVO online and it's a simple process. But I can't create a account to do this.

I'm worried when I move out I will continue to be charged and stuff. I've got so much to do between now and Wednesday I can't afford to be waiting for ages on hold over the phone and if I was to ring I don't even know what account number is linked to my meters (account) it's probably made more confusing as me and my twin brother are both on the account too :s

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm starting to get anxious about this :s

I'm pay as U go if that's relevant.

Thanks 😊

Good evening @footysaurus ,

You can try doing it via Live Chat at https://ovoenergy.com/help - which doesn’t require online accounts, or by calling 0330 303 5063, whichever works for you.

The Support Team can attempt to trace your account and go from there.

Good evening @footysaurus ,

You can try doing it via Live Chat at https://ovoenergy.com/help - which doesn’t require online accounts, or by calling 0330 303 5063, whichever works for you.

The Support Team can attempt to trace your account and go from there.

Thanks so much, I will do that 😊

Hey @footysaurus,

Blastoise has already given some helpful advice here. Just wanted to add some helpful links. 

You can find a guide for moving into a pre-payment home here. Customers need to contact OVO via webchat or over the phone to set up their account it can’t be done online for pay as you go customers.

We have a guide for moving out of a pay as you go home here

How to get in touch about my OVO Pay As You Go account

The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday. Or call us on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.

If you’re with Boost

Find answers or chat with Boost at boostpower.co.uk/help. Or call them on 0330 102 7517.

Hope this helps.